Thread: S14a Exhaust issues

Rides

S14a Exhaust issues

Hi I have a nissan 200sx s14a completely stock. It's going in for a full respray in a month. I've rebuilt everything on the car all stock parts and welded all the sills and everything back up. It's been a huge job. I have now had the issue finding a new exhaust as mine has blown I tried a cat back japspeed but it seems to hit the subframe and other suggestions?

Rides
    try the adjustable exhaust hangers? I had the same issue with my tomei ti exhaust. was either hitting the subframe or the larger 350z driveshafts, also my custom downpipe probably put things slightly out of wack.

Rides
    Hi thanks for replying so quick I did look when the exhaust was on I got it off eBay brand new from japspeed it sits under the lowest point of the subframe which is annoying it seems as soon as I bolt it to the cat it tightens up against it. The closes hanger to the rear sits upside down and then hanger is then hitting the cross members for the car which I thought was unusual. I tried a few methods and didn't seem to work I wanted to get a stock silencer really but no luck finding one as everything else is original I had the whole car shot blasted and suspension ect. So not many miles on it seems like on a few things left to do but can't seem to figure this exhaust out. I am looking forward to the paint job at least.

Rides
    Just a thought, but are you using a 14a elbow, downpipe and cat, or a mixture of s14 or s14a elbow downpipe and cat?
    Elbow, downpipe and cat lengths are different between s14 and s14a.

If you're using a mixture of 14 and 14a bits, the cat back exhaust could be too far forward, which might explain why its hitting your subframe.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rides
    So it's all stock currently for a s14a factory still been on for the life of the car bought a s14a cat back and just sits way to tight under subframe.

Rides
    Is the Cat back for an S14 or S14a? In theory they should be identical. But there were slight difference between the S14 and S14a downpipe lengths, from memory, I think about an inch. So "maybe" there is a difference between S14/s14a Cat backs?? I'm not sure...

For example, for my exhaust to line up, I think I got the S14 downpipe, and the shorter cat bypass pipe (can't remember if that was S14 or S14a). Basically I got a mix of the two.

So as said, the easiest thing may be adjustable hangers?

Rides
    just buy an exhust that isnt shite