Thread: S13 aero

Rides

S13 aero

Planning on doing more trackdays in the coming months, and would like to attempt to gain some downforce.

I plan to start with a front splitter but am a bit stumped on rear downforce.

I have a fibreglass rear hatch so fixing a wing to it is a no go, been thinking of a chassis mount but don't want it to look too overkill and need to figure out how to mount it without chopping holes everywhere.

Any inspiration?

Most stuff I see about is more for looks, so is there anything about that would also be functional?

Pic of how my car is now.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Do your splitter and measure your ride height before you worry about the rear end. Make the splitter go as far back as you can and stick out at the front by whatever you deem fit.

Unless you're going to get some sort of testing done then a BGW is more likely to be an air brake.

And any diffuser you put it in WORTHLESS without a flat floor. And I do mean worthless.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Do your splitter and measure your ride height before you worry about the rear end. Make the splitter go as far back as you can and stick out at the front by whatever you deem fit.

Unless you're going to get some sort of testing done then a BGW is more likely to be an air brake.

And any diffuser you put it in WORTHLESS without a flat floor. And I do mean worthless.
    Thanks mate,

I dont want it to stick out an excessive amount, maybe 3" approx.
    I shall experiment with how far back I can go without it fouling the arb etc.

Rides
    If I remember I'll take a photo from a good book I used in the past that will explain splitters for you.

Rides

Rides
    Awesome thank you