Thread: Some advice please - RE: Rose Joints

Rides

Some advice please - RE: Rose Joints

Hi there, I've got a set of Japspeed adjustable lower rear arms for my S13, and they seem extremely stiff now, as the car has been sitting for a few years after installing them.

They are the ones pictured in this link: https://6two1.com/japspeed-nissan-ad...ear-lower-arms

I have them mounted on the subframe, after respraying the subframe, but they seem very stiff to move, and I have concerns that this is not normal , and they may have seized, and that this could result in shearing the subframe mount or arm if I use them.

I can move them thru the full range of motion alright, but it does take quite an effort to move them.

There's no signs of corrosion, but I can't remember if they were meant to be this stiff when they were new.

Any help or advise on this would be much appreciated.

Nize.

Rides
    Have spoken there to Driftworks and they suggest this is normal for this type of joint, as they have not seized completely.

I'm not able to afford to purchase a new set, so I will see how they get on and I'll use them just now.

Thanks.

Please feel free to close this thread as I believe I have an answer I am happy with on this.

Cheers,

Nize.