Thread: S14a ECU Blink Code 145 and 146

Rides

S14a ECU Blink Code 145 and 146

Hi guys.

First post here so hello all. I have recently bought a '96 S14 project car that someone else has done a load of electrical mods on the way to turning it into a drift car. It is running an S14a ECU and has wiring mods in the ECU loom as well as front mounted intercooler, etc.

The engine runs but misfires heavily and engine check light is always flashing. Putting the ECU into diagnostic mode gives blink codes 145 and 146 repeatedly. And now to my issue, as far as I can see anywhere these blink codes don't exist although I have seen some other posts (not on SXOC) of other people reporting these codes on other Nissans - but no-one knowing what they are.

Anyone know what 145 and 146 blink codes might be? If not anyone know a reasonably priced way if hooking up a diagnostic reader to the ECU. Previous owner has removed the Consult connector but I am happy to wire direct to the ECU, just need advice on a reasonably priced reader. I have an ODB2 reader but don't think this can be made to work with consult?

Thanks all, won't be my last post I'm sure!

Rides
    Bit more info. I have a second ECU that behaves similar but different. Engine runs, idle is a bit high and obvious misfires. Engine check light flashes constantly, whether the engine is running or not - this behaviour is the same as the other ECU. However with this one when I put it into diagnostic mode the check light goes out (so it has gone into diagnostic mode) but there are no blink codes - it just stays out. So this one suggests it has no error codes, but there must be an error because the engine check light is constantly flashing.

Rides
    Hi again, no replies so far but here's hoping.

OK found what was causing the engine to run rough - TPS had been fitted wrong and wasn't working. Fix that and the car seems to run OK. However still flashing ECU light. Have now built a Consult adaptor and wired it direct to the ECU (previous owner had removed Consult) and using data scan software. The code that is causing the check light to flash is "Code 143: Chain Of ECM-Immu". Anyone ever seen this? I can reset the code and then the check light goes out but after a while it comes back, same code. This is not a code in anything online, anyone any clue?

Rides
    Think I have found what it is but not how to fix it. I have an S14A ECU with internal NATS system. NATS module has been removed by previous owner (who has also stripped out Halo, etc). So car runs but I think the error code is because the main ECU is trying to talk to the NATS card - which isn't there! I can reset it and make it go away but how do I stop it coming back? I have heard that Horsham developments will take the NATS module out as part of a Stage upgrade, does this then result in engine check light or is there a way around it?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I think Horsham developments probably remove it in the same way that yours has been removed to be honest. Might be worth sending them an email. Good work on finding the tps issue. Sounds like that’s fixed most of your issues at least
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue