Thread: need some advice on SR20

Rides

need some advice on SR20

so a few things I need advice on,

I had to take the fuel rail came off when putting the rail back on, a couple of the fire-retardant plugs that go in to the head had popped out, so I just put them back in positioned the rail and did up the bolts , was the correct was to do this, or should I have replaced them?

the car acted weird all last year for no apparent reason, wouldn't boost properly, the knock sensor started showing up as an error (that's now cleared with a new sensor)s swapped out the VVT Solenoid but even after this still wasn't right, it almost felt like at times the timing was off, now and ive posted about this before I do have a remaining error that is something like CAS circuit error,.

I've checked all wiring (with her from people on here all appeared to check out) so next is a new CAS, are they prone to suddenly stop working for no apparent reason? and could a failed one make the car feel like its lacking in power and almost make it feel like (and sound) like the timing is out...mainly only on boost?

thanks
    Last edited by Hugh Janus; 24-02-2022 at 00:10.

Rides
    see if someone local has a cas you could borrow to test with?
    sometimes the wiring into the cas plug is damaged.
    reusing those fuel rail things is fine as long as they are not leaking

Rides
    Mine was doing a similar thing a few years back , turned out to be knock sensor detecting a knock and pulling timing out. Spun a rod bearing a few weeks after!