Thread: Rear z32 brake swap

Rides

Rear z32 brake swap

Hi Folks,
    I am trying to get the parts together to swap in some z32 rear brakes onto a european (LHD) '90 200sx.
    Other than the calipers, extended brake lines, disks and pads, some guides online talk about needing some handbrake parts as well - but other sites seem to say that the s13 had several diffrent handbrake setups depending on the market?
    I'm not going drift racing! What parts am I likely to need?
    Thanks!

Rides
    If you message a guy on Facebook called Hamish Niven with the S14a cover photo he'll probably be able to sell you a complete setup with refurbed callipers...

Rides
    If I remember rightly, the UK S13 handbrake mechanism is identical to the Z32. It's only the JDM cars that are different. And the calipers bolt straight up.

So assuming your S13 is a UK car, you'd need the Z32 calipers, Z32 discs and flexi hoses to convert.

I am pretty sure you don't even need the handbrake cables because they might be the same as well.

As said, Hamish is your man - https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/member.php?19923-Hamish-N

Rides
    Rarely on here.

07743 326229 if my mobile if you want to WhatsApp me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Thanks! Prob. too late to call Hamish - I have the bits I need I hope. (That is, if Belgian S13's are the same as UK S13's!)
    Probably paid more for them too, but there you go. I do need the calipers rebuilding though, so recommendations welcome on that.
    If anyone is intrested, I'm going with a set of Evo 5-9 Brembo calipers at the front. Performance Autoworks in Gloucester are doing all the work (even if I knew what I was doing, working on my own brakes sounds dangerous to me) but I'll put some photos on here if it all goes according to plan!
    Thanks all.