Thread: S14a won’t start with possible NATS issue.

Rides

S14a won’t start with possible NATS issue.

Hope someone could throw some light on this issue. 1999 S14a not starting, cranks ok but no fuel or spark.
    Checked ecu and no power only switched power. So made temp 12v connection and got ecu to power up and got fuel pump running again. But still no start… dug a little deeper and found the EGI 7.5amp fuse blown in engine compartment, thought I’d found the issue and replaced the fuse only to find it blow immediately. I then removed and had a look at the nats 2 immobiliser box and inadvertently forgot to put it back, I then put a fresh fuse back in to the EGI fuse box position and it didn’t blow 🤔 but as soon as I plugged the nats box back in it blew again. So have I found the fault or am I barking up the wrong tree. This all happened after a jump start from a starter charger and set to 24v by mistake. Any ideas?

Rides
    is it a fairly standard car?
    most wiring problems are caused by the drivers side front wheel rubbing through the loom.
    id probably take the lid off the ecu and see if anything looks melted.

Rides
    Hi, thanks I checked the inner wing loom and all was ok. Opened ecu up and looks fine with no sign of damage or heat.

Rides
    Checked the main 100A fuse?

Rides
    Hi, I’ve managed to get it running again after 3 days searching forums and looking at wiring diagrams . It had blown the small 7.5A fuse under the bonnet that powers the ecu. I popped a new one back in and it popped immediately. Turns out the nats 2 immobiliser had failed. I don’t want to say what I did to sort it as it seems a touchy subject. But I appreciate all the comments and help from forum members.