Thread: F1 2022

Rides

F1 2022

So, a new year and a new era. Hass today "launched" their car even though it's just a livery on a render of what the car will look like. If you squint through the Russian flag you can just about see a car in there.

Still no news on Lewis Hamilton confirming his participation in the season. Echoes of Senna vs. the FIA drama, no doubt part of his plan.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I didn’t realise that haas weren’t releasing the actual car. Seems a bit pointless now.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    In case you haven't been following, we've also had launches of the Red Bull RB18, Aston Martin AMR22, McLaren MCL36 and the Alpha Tauri AT03.

Take note, the RB18 is just an updated showcar from the Formula One Management catalogue, the Alpha Tauri is a revised model and only the Aston and the McLaren are true car launches.

Rides
    The McLaren suspension push / pull switch is interesting. Given how they had to shoehorn their Merc engine in last year using all of their permitted change allocation just to do so, and still won a race, I'm quietly confident in that one coming good again at least to a point where they're fighting at the front a bit more. Especially with Laaaaaaannodoooooo at the wheel. If he can stay off the video games

Rides
    So Williams launched their new car as a livery reveal again using a showcar model, which was quite dull. Livery was lovely mind you.

Then literally 2 hours later they revealed the actual car driving Silverstone which looks nothing like the reveal car

Either way, I like this. Nose is very FW14B.

The FW44:

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I don’t rate the Williams livery. Don’t think the tv cameras will pick it up and it’ll just look like a Prost from the 90’s. The actual cars are looking good though.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    We get Ferrari tomorrow, Mercedes on Friday, Alpine on Monday and Alfa Romeo on Sunday 27th.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    We get Ferrari tomorrow, Mercedes on Friday, Alpine on Monday and Alfa Romeo on Sunday 27th.
    The Ferrari was leaked earlier. Looks alright and a similar concept to the Aston Martin with its side pods and vents

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I quite like how all the cars look a little different. I feel like the past few years the cars have been pretty much all the same.

Rides
    Ferrari F1-75 looks absolutely brilliant. Sidepods are crazy!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That does look fantastic.

Rides
    Mercedes W13. Show car or not, I don't know.

Rides
    Mercedes W13. Show car or not, I don't know.

Turns out to be VERY different in the render to the carbon. The render looks much nicer - big differences to the engine cover bulkiness, floor aero, front wing profile, all sorts. Even the DRS actuator looks totally different. Sort of begs the question why did they bother

Rides
    So as first thought, the RB18 looks nothing like the livery car. Mad undercut sidepods.

Rides
    Did anyone watch the race then?

Rides
    Did anyone watch the race then?
    Aye. It was a bit weird, what with the rapid tyre wear but I'm please CLC managed to hold on for the victory, and even cracked a joke about a problem with the engine on the last lap, LOL.

Thought Max could have had him on the ding-dong battle between them, if he'd not have gone in quite so hot and managed to get it stopped on the apex to block the run down the next straight. Good battling - I think CLC will more than hold his own and I can see the two of them coming into some tangles.