Thread: Full s14a front end

Rides

Full s14a front end

I'm clueless as to what these bits are worth so I'm asking for some advice more then anything.
    I have a s14a bonnet with cut outs for bonnet catches, wings, center vent and projector headlights. I'm just trying to work out how much it's all worth?
    Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    So headlights, with good studs and brackets, generally sell for around £250. There are sets online for £300/£350 but they have been there for months.

I bought a spare pair of front wings in good condition the other week for £100 collected. The Grille varies, someone is trying to sell one for £80 on facebook but I've seen them go easily for £30-£40.

The bonnet I would have no idea on because of the modifications.

Rides
    You got wings for 100 quid?!?!?!?!??! :-0 :-0 :-0 You jammy bastard! :-)
    I needed a wing 3 years ago and searched and waited and searched. The best that I could find was a slightly crusty one for 350. The ebay ones were just as crusty and dearer. So I bought a new one from Nissan for either 460 or 560 (can't quite remember now). It had to come from Japan so had a 3 month lead time as well....
    As a bench mark, I also couldn't find a good condition headlamp so also ended up buying one from Nissan for around 600 Snots. :-(

Rides
    Yikes! they are definitely not victims of the rises then, there are quite a lot of wings going for about that money.

I bought spare parts over the last 18 months for mine on the off chance something happened in the future. So I have spare headlamps, wings etc.

Rides
    Where did you find them?
    I found a good rear bumper for 120 that I wanted to buy and stick in the attic for good keeping. But with Brexit import duty, shipping charges gone through the roof and exchange rates, that was working out around 400 quid. So it was no longer an option. :-(

I have managed to get some electronics for future keeping: ABS controller, NATS2 and master fob, heater fan resistor card. If I see them cheap I pick them up in case the electronics start to act up.
    Actually the other day my alarm siren has stopped working! So I need to look at that. I had replaced the battery pack about 4 months ago and it was working....

Just on the wing and headlamp that I bought above, Nissan Ireland and UK no longer stocked them. Hence the bringing in from Nissan Japan and the long wait. You could pick up a lamp in Germany or the USA easily and for good money, but unfortunately they are obviously focused on the wrong side of the road. So no good.
    Last edited by markcro; 02-02-2022 at 15:25.

Rides
    I just drove to a guy in Leicester who advertised them. There's some in Derby at the monent as well.

What rear bumper are you after? UKDM? There are loads over here for £30/£40.

Rides
    Yeah UK bumper. I don't actually need one, but who knows if I will in the future. So like you, I would like to stockpile parts when I can if I see them cheap. I never intend to sell so it would be handy to have spares in the attic if I ever have another tip like I did 3 years ago.
    Are those advertised in local Buy&Sell type magazines or online?

Rides
    Facebook is your best friend. If I were you, I'd gather the bits you need via there and do a road trip.

Rides
    Yeah I was thinking that myself actually! It would work out cheaper. The irony is that I wouldn't be able to bring my SX as bumpers and stuff wouldn't fit in it! :-0 :-)

Rides
    It would be a good future proofing exercise. Plenty of bumpers around, even a Zenki/Navan one at the moment.