Thread: AMAZING Black S14a 76k Manual Dry Stored

Rides

AMAZING Black S14a 76k Manual Dry Stored

With a sad heart, I think it's time I let go of my 14a.

I moved to Dubai in 2017 (just a few months after purchasing the car I had an amazing job offer) and have been paying almost £1500 a year to store it which just doesn't make sense anymore. It's in absolutely amazing condition and there was no way I was going to leave it to rot, so I had no choice really except to pay a premium to store it.

It's been stored in an air-conditioned warehouse for high performance / exotic cars, trickle charged, occasionally turned over, professionally managed service.

I don't see myself moving back to the UK anytime soon, and so I think the car is much better off with a loving owner who can fully appreciate the vehicle. I will reinvest the money in some investments.

I've been on this board since 2004 and owned over 15 200sx I love them. I've seen countless members come and go from this community, it's been a great journey. I was once well known on here and clearly I have a HUGE amount of LOVE for these cars and this community. For this reason, I would LOVE to see the car go to someone with the same passion and respect as I have for the car and the community. I will NOT sell it to become a drift car, so I hope the potential new owners will be honest with me.

The car has not been modified (I was going to, then I moved to Dubai for work in Tech) apart from a few basic things it's a standard car and an AMAZING example of a clean 200sx!
    I've hidden the number plate for obvious reasons..

I haven't seen the car for over 2 years because of the pandemic and it doesn't make sense for me to MOT it, insure it, etc for when I come over for a few days, and mostly I stay in London, so sadly I don't even drive it when I'm in the country....

So, that's the background...

Detials of the car are as follows (maybe a few additional perks that I've forgotten tbh..):

- 76k miles
    - Manual
    - Front strut brace (no idea of the brand..)
    - Black with amazing bodywork
    - Cream leather in very good condition no rips or anything like that (not even a hole in the bolster.. !! A*+)
    - Cat back exhaust (HKS IIRC)
    - Boost Gauge + Oil Pressure Gauge + Oil Temp Gauge
    - R33 wheels in amazing condition
    - No accidents or rust! Arches & Struts are in amazing condition for the age… I doubt you'll find better
    - Clear Indicators
    - T Reg

I'm in no rush to sell given I've let it sit for 5 years, but wanted to give the SXOC community first glance as I would actually love the car to go to a long term owner who will love it the way I would if I was able to enjoy it. I can't ship it to Dubai, they do not allow RHD cars on the road.

This is the PERFECT Black (best colour) S14a either to keep as a classic example, or to modify as a road-car.

Also, please consider I have paid over £6,000 just to store this car (happy to share the invoices with the new buyer).

£XX,000
    No Dreamers or Offers
    Viewing is possible... but only once I'm confident you're a genuine buyer. It's hassle for me to arrange as I'm overseas and the car has to be taken out of the storage location to a place where the car can be viewed.

I'm offering the car on SXOC in advance of listing anywhere else as I would prefer it to go to a fellow SXOC member. This is truly an amazing example and tbh it's taken me 4 years to accept the fact I should sell it.

You can PM me on here and I'll happily share any detials you request, or even arrange a call to discuss.

Last edited by BadassSX; 08-02-2022 at 08:10.

Rides
    I think someone will bite your arm off for this.

Rides
    IMO I think you need someone to go and take some decent photos who knows what they're looking at. GLWTS

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    IMO I think you need someone to go and take some decent photos who knows what they're looking at. GLWTS
    For your own sake, do this. No one in their right mind is going to pay £15K for a car without expecting things to be a certain way. Hauling it out of storage for each potential buyer so they can look to see the state of the sills, struts, engine bay, interior wear and tear etc. is going to be vexing for you unless you get lucky and the first to see it buys.

15K deserves some decent pics, surely ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    I think someone will bite your arm off for this.
    Thanks for the reply, Clouder, Jonny, p.nicholas! Nice to see some old names still on the board.

I completly agree the car deserves better pictures for sure.
    I'm living in Dubai so I've been reliant on the car warehouse storage chap to take the pictures for me - this is the result.

Better than listing with no pictures for sure. I'm intending on flying back later this month or early next month, at which point I'll take them myself.

Let's see what interest I get in the meantime.

Rides
    Had a buyer ready at the asking price...
    I flew home from Dubai.. took the car out of storage, passed the MOT no problems, took it for a drive and fell back in love with it.

It's easier to let go of my R35 GTR because it's easier to replace, but the SX I doubt I'll find another one in the same condition so easily.

For now, the car is not for sale.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassSX View Post
    I flew home from Dubai.. took the car out of storage, passed the MOT no problems, took it for a drive and fell back in love with it.

It's easier to let go of my R35 GTR because it's easier to replace, but the SX I doubt I'll find another one in the same condition so easily.

Legend!

Rides
    I don't blame you, I certainly wouldn't be selling it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassSX View Post

Exactly why I didn't sell mine. I'd never find another 180sx Type X even close to mine for the same money as I paid 5 years ago.

Rides