Thread: Quick release

Rides

Quick release

Hi, im wondering if you have any recommendations for quick release that has no play, i had for a long time some off brand one, it was sturdy enough etc, but i switched to poly engine bushings and the ball hub resonates and shakes, and its just annoying. Im wondering if some people have exp with solid/poly bushings and quick release if its worth to spend some money on RNG 2.5 or sparco one. Because if even the pricier ones will resonate due to nature of quick release mechanism to switch to solid mount?

Rides
    Quick release steering wheel, right? I've had an NRG slimline fitted, from new, on my car for well over 5 years now and it's still going strong! No slack, play or vibration and works exactly as it should. So, NRG gets my vote.

Rides
    I have the Driftworks quick releases on both my cars. Great build quality and zero play. Thoroughly recommend

Rides
    I have a driftworks one on my car and an NRG Slimline on the wife's. No play in either one (would have put a driftworks one on her car, but she didn't want the wheel out that far).

Edited to add, would highly recommend the driftworks one for the price, but also wouldn't have any issues with an NRG one.

If your choice is between NRG or Sparco, I personally would go NRG, had a Sparco one years ago, started off good, but had to replace it after a while as it didn't feel as tight as it used to. Not had that issue with either of the ones we have at the moment.

Also to add, can't help regarding whether or not they're any good with poly engine mounts (I have nismo engine mounts).

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mr_pea; 11-01-2022 at 22:57.

Rides
    Thank you a lot guys ! I was just not sure if NRG actually uphold their praise and fame they get, but ill also look into driftworks ones! are there any specific good ones ?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I use a b-g racing item with track car. Came highly recommend and it’s been great so far.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Surprised no one has said Works Bell yet. Had mine for a good 4+ years second hand and still no play.