Thread: Random bits of electrical

Rides

Random bits of electrical

Hi guys I'm relocating my wiring whilst my cars in bits. Come across a few plugs Im not to sure what they are. I think some may be to do with automatic systems which the car doesn't have as it's now manual. And the whole side of the fuse box that's empty. Does anyone know if I can just chop these all out atall :/
    Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I have done a conversion myself. The first pic is where the auto looms plug to. I had a manual loom but still had to use them sockets for the reverse and the old auto neutral sensor. The connector with the two bigger cables on the right of the pic needed to be bridged on mine for it to start. Had to link the green and black (from 3rd socket from the right) to the Manual box reverse switch for that to work. Make sure you dont need them before you chop it.

Rides
    If you are wanting to do it properly you are better de-pinning from the big square connector in the driver footwell and removing wiring from there, it does take time but saves having jumped connections as mentioned above.

Rides
    Yes dude that's the plan anything I don't need will be traced back and completely taken out the loom dude

Rides
    Removed all of these from my engine bay but can't remember which ones I then used for speed signal (red and something wires), then I also took the reverse signal and ran it through a new hole at the transmition tunnel (can't remember colours), the neutral position wire got shorted out further back in the cabin. The rest could have been for A/C, carbon canistor, auto trans delete.

Rides
    Nice one dude thanks.