Thread: 1993 Nissan 180SX (Sil80) - please help with pricing

Rides

1993 Nissan 180SX (Sil80) - please help with pricing

Hi guys, I am considering selling my sil80 which I have owned for the the last 9 years. Although the car doesn't cost me anything, I am a family man now and this literally just sits in the garage all year now, never gets used, and someone should probably be enjoying it.

Can you please let me know what you think she is worth? I've had wildly varying advice from £5k-£30k. I'm not really part of the community any more and have sadly lost touch due to life.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Qd?usp=sharing

Here the advert I have written out for future advertising:
    History:
    88k Miles(142k KM, still reads in KM)
    2006 Imported from Japan (60k Miles)
    2006-2011 My Brother
    2011-2012 2 other owners
    2012-2021 Me

MOT:
    Until 13 Sep 2022

Use/Abuse:
    Despite it's looks, it has only ever been used for any kind of motorsport twice(track days) under a previous owner in 2012. Otherwise just used as a weekend road car for Jap car events etc.

Body:
    - FRP +50mm Rear Fenders
    - FRP +20mm Front Fenders
    - FRP Vertex Bodykit
    - FRP/Perspex Bootlid
    - Sil80 Front End Conversion(2014)
    - 18" Rota GTR wheels(dirty & kurbed but no damage. Tyres have tread, but are old and should be replaced)
    - Total weight wet/empty 1073Kg

Suspension:
    - Apex II Adj Coilovers
    - Full Adj Apex Susp Arms
    - 5-Stud S-15 Hubs

Brakes:
    - Front 300ZX Z32 Alloy
    - Rear S-15 Iron

Interior:
    - Stripped, Binned & Painted
    - S-15 Cloth Seats
    - Harnesses

Engine:
    - Stock Red Top SR20DET(2.0)(never opened from factory)(baffled sump added)
    - HKS2530 Turbo 1.2Bar 302Bhp@Crank(R/R 2014)
    - Supporting Mods: Z32 MAF, 550cc Inj, FMIC, Big Rad, 3" Turbo-Back Nur-spec etc
    - ECU: OE ECU With NIStune board
    - Apex Engine/Gbox Mounts

Drivetrain:
    Pretty much stock.

Corrosion:
    I am glad to say this car is rust free. Underside looks almost new with no rust other than a bit of surface rust on rear subframe. Only welding done was a 4x10cm patch in footwell. Original sills etc.

Mechanics/Electrical:
    All working. No problems.

Paint:
    2 years old. Fine other than 3 small cracks which have opened up recently on fibreglass panels

Bad Points:
    - 3 cracks have appeared in the paint from 6 to 20cm in length. I have spoken to the original bodyshop about it, the cause is the fibreglass panels moving slighly when driving on the VERY bumpy roads where I live. His solution is to wait another 1000 miles, until the FRP has settled completely, then he will repair the cracks for free. This will not apply to new owner, but shows that it can be fixed fairly easily.
    - ECU map is OK but nearly 10 years old, could do with remap at some point.
    - Diff is an old high mileage diff from a donor S13(was only supposed to be temporary). It's OK, but the car deserves a proper diff.
    - I love the car as it is, but please bare mind that it is a loud/uncomfortable car.

Thanks a lot!

Rides
    Moved over to right section for you mate.

Decent pics would help with pricing too bud

Rides
    Ignore that just seen pics

Rides
    Links working for me bud. Super nice white s13.
    I'm interested if you figure out a price

Rides
    Underside / chassis pics of all common problem areas would help (front x-member, front inner arches where meets chassis leg, chassis legs, sills, ends of sills in rear arches, rear pockets)

In my opinion its a 9k+ car pending underside condition, do you still have all the interior as that would help the sale and broaden your market?

If its solid underneath I'd say at very least a 10k car given it has a solid history, hasn't had the engine pissed around with.

The market is strong at the moment and it'll just keep rising. The body issues aren't a massive issue imo you'll never stop stress marks in fibreglass.
    Probably get more breaking it but thats hassle if you don't have the space/time
    Good luck with the sale!

Rides
    Thanks guys!

- The underside all round is excellent, almost no rust. Will get some picture of underside.

- No interior sadly

- Engine(tall block) itself is not modified and excellent.

- Has full SXOC history since being in UK for last 15 years.

Thanks

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Don’t know s13’s particularly well but I’d say you’d get low to mid teens for this if not more. When s14’s in worse condition are up for 10k this has to be worth more.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Don’t know s13’s particularly well but I’d say you’d get low to mid teens for this if not more. When s14’s in worse condition are up for 10k this has to be worth more.
    I agree if the underside is as clean as Jont says.

I'd start at 15k and be prepared to take 12-13k

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    id go with sticking it up at 15k and see what offers come in.

Rides
    Brilliant guys thanks for your honesty.

I think I'll get the body shop to clean up the paint cracks, then I'll get some proper pics and advertise for £15k ono.

Take care!

Rides
    For my 2p, I'd go with the masses. I don't think you'll get 15k because it's got some unpretty parts, but on the flip side I can't remember the last time I saw a Sil80, original or conversion, for sale. It's a sellers market these days and the car is good and solid. Shame the engine bay is tatty, but worth every penny.

Edit - what I would say is that, if you get trolled on Facebook (and you will), don't react or respond to it. The car is worth what the car is worth. Don't engage those who have no money in the first place.

And don't make any reference to it needing a remap. Maps don't get old, parts get old. Make any reference to a remap and you'll have Battye and his disciples on you and your ad will be ruined.
    Last edited by piman2k; 29-12-2021 at 22:36.

Rides
    Thanks Pi,

Good to see car forum politics is still alive and kicking

Rides
    It’s more Facebook these days man. The passive aggressive laughing emoticon and some deeply confident internet warriors make For
    Sale adverts a nightmare.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It’s more Facebook these days man. The passive aggressive laughing emoticon and some deeply confident internet warriors make Facebook a nightmare.
    I've edited that slightly for you.

It's that laughing emoticon, oh and the shrugging woman one. That's the worst I'd say. Like 'but that's how I've always done it *shrugs*'. Fukkkk offfff

Rides
    Stick it up for 15 grand, but I'd hold fire till Spring as not many people are out spending big just after Xmas.

If you've not had much interest hit some of the car shows this year and stick a for sale sign in the window.

Rides
    still for sale?

Rides
    Hi yes, I've spent the last 6 months getting the rear fenders re-fitted (at great expense) and some other bodywork etc done. Will advertise properly in a few days.