Thread: TVR run in an SX

Rides

TVR run in an SX

I was just tidying up photos and came across these from last July, so will post them.

Last July I went on a TVR Club run of epic proportions to Hook Head Lighthouse in Co. Wexford. It was an epic road trip of glorious roads, cool stop off points and ending at Hook Head Lighthouse which is one of the oldest still functioning lighthouses on the planet.

People came from far and wide, for me, I drove about 500km that day.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/zxU***m.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by markcro; 04-12-2021 at 22:37.

Rides

Short trip across the bay via ferrry...

Rides

Very tasty Mitsubishi Galant VR4

Hook Head Light House

Rides
    Great pics

Looks like a good run and a good turnout

Rides
    Ha ! I've owned 3 of the Trevors in your first picture

An S2, V8S and 350i. All had highs and (many) lows

What's the Chevy ? ...apart from weird lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Ha ! I've owned 3 of the Trevors in your first picture

An S2, V8S and 350i. All had highs and (many) lows

What's the Chevy ? ...apart from weird lol
    Nice! And did you enjoy them? What was the lows? Breakdowns?! ;-)

I can't remember what the Chevy is apart from very weird and pointless! But I suppose that is the point. It is a big car but yet is a two seater and is a pickup and the bed can't be used.

Rides
    The S2 was about 3 years old when I got it in the early 90s. It was fairly reliable but the roof leaked and it droned on long journeys. The leather interior came unglued regularly. I crashed it on the M25 stuffing it backwards into the armco at around 70. It looked alright afterwards but you could push the rear numberplate in by about 10 inches with one finger as the whole body was smashed to bits

I replaced the S2 with the V8S which was wicked. It was a bit newer than the S2. You could set off in 3rd no problems and I regularly did as the Rover box on it had such a crowded box it was easy to grab 3rd instead of 1st. The roof on that leaked too and it used to tramline like a bastid but... sticking it into 4th at 60 you could spin the wheels in the dry just on the throttle

The 350i was a moneypit. I bought it in the late 2000s for 4,000, spent 3,500 on it over 3 years (over two and a half of those it was off the road) and i sold it for 3,000. I rebuilt the engine, the chassis had flaking powdercoating, the brakes failed (twice), it always stank of petrol inside, it overfueled like a bastid due to a failed engine temp sensor (which was hard to diagnose), the veneers inside had cracked and....the roof leaked. It did sound nice though

Rides
    T'internet says the Chevy is an SSR (Super Sport Roadster) made from 2003-2006 and later ones had an LS2 motor

Rides
    Lovely pics. Gotta love the S2's and the tuscan. That S14 is the most beautiful out the bunch though.

Rides
    Very nearly had a tuscan speed 6 to replace my s14 when it was crashed into.

Can't believe thier prices now, back in 2009 they could be had for just over 9k, I test drove 3 of them around that price.... didn't dare after reading the engine horror stories, wish I had now tho

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    T'internet says the Chevy is an SSR (Super Sport Roadster) made from 2003-2006 and later ones had an LS2 motor
    Yeah this one had an LS. The sound from it was glorious, and talking about big fat wheels! :-0

Rides
    The S2 was about 3 years old when I got it in the early 90s. It was fairly reliable but the roof leaked and it droned on long journeys. The leather interior came unglued regularly. I crashed it on the M25 stuffing it backwards into the armco at around 70. It looked alright afterwards but you could push the rear numberplate in by about 10 inches with one finger as the whole body was smashed to bits

I replaced the S2 with the V8S which was wicked. It was a bit newer than the S2. You could set off in 3rd no problems and I regularly did as the Rover box on it had such a crowded box it was easy to grab 3rd instead of 1st. The roof on that leaked too and it used to tramline like a bastid but... sticking it into 4th at 60 you could spin the wheels in the dry just on the throttle

The 350i was a moneypit. I bought it in the late 2000s for 4,000, spent 3,500 on it over 3 years (over two and a half of those it was off the road) and i sold it for 3,000. I rebuilt the engine, the chassis had flaking powdercoating, the brakes failed (twice), it always stank of petrol inside, it overfueled like a bastid due to a failed engine temp sensor (which was hard to diagnose), the veneers inside had cracked and....the roof leaked. It did sound nice though
    Sounds like typical classic car motoring so nothing out of the ordinary there. Except that they weren't "old" at the time! ;-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Lovely pics. Gotta love the S2's and the tuscan. That S14 is the most beautiful out the bunch though.
    It's funny how things change. One of the guys that owned a Tuscan (also owns an Audi R8 and few other TVRs) was all over my S14 with a hard on. "Wow, I remember these new and......" It's strange and cool that they are maturing into a classic that people are genuinely excited to see. Around me they are a rare sight now.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    I can't remember what the Chevy is apart from very weird and pointless!

There was a period in the early 2000's where various manufacturers were making these retro inspired cars. You got this Roadster, the Plymouth Prowler and the PT Cruiser.
    To be fair the design concept drawings and concept cars usually looked decent, then the road going version looked like a dogs dinner.

For example:

The concept for the PT Cruiser:

Vs production model

Rides
    Ewww... the difference!! :-0

Rides
    I bet the designer cried when he saw what they did lol