Thread: Os giken gear sets

Rides

Os giken gear sets

Hi all just after some info. I was looking at doing a 350z conversion in my 14 but just come across the os giken gear sets. I'm planning to run around the 450 470hp roughly once complete. Would these gearsets take this abuse with drifting, what are they rated to and has anyone used them on here.
    Also is it worth spunking for the 5 set or would the 3 set be OK?
    Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    If I had the budget I’d likely go for the cd009 conversion for a drift car. Have thought about the os kits for my road car in the past
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    They have been used here on 600hp cars without issue, which is what they're rated for. There were some legacy issues many, many years ago where some people reported issues with 3rd gears breaking but I have been here since 2005 and didn't see these. If you dig into the forum you might find a report of it.

You wouldn't benefit from the 5 gear kit in a drift car unless you were hanging 4th.

With the prices of RB25 and CD009 boxes, to me the OSG kit is wholly affordable now.

Rides
    Nice one thanks gents. I've had a search around and found some good info. Just wasn't to sure weather to go 5 kit or 3. The awnser above has cleared that up for me a little. It's good to know that the 3 gear would be adequate.
    Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Kevin Bird has a 3 gear kit for sale, likely to be good value

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....-S14A-Race-Car