Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drifty boi s14

Rides

Drifty boi s14

Hi all welcome to my project thread I'm hoping for lots of inspiration and guidance along the way
    So 8 swapped my Toyota soarer for this nugget last week. Baring in mind it was a factory manual 1jz 500hp big single turbo with no issues :P.
    I now have a rusty s14, spare engine in need of a rebuild and loads of other bits.
    So the car so far has wisefab front end, adjustable but tatty rear end, skyline welded diff and shafts, T2871 turbo 740cc injectors, nistune ecu mapped to 360hp, a major exhaust leak, tubbed front and rear arches, over fenders, hsd coilovers that have seen better days, a foot of rust at both rear sills, a full 7 point bolt in cage, hydro setup seat buckets and harness. I think that's most of it

So I got to work the day after getting it, up on axle stands stripped all panels off and started cutting the rust away. I have new inner and outer sills on the way so she should be mint in a few weeks

I have a complete new powder coated subframe with geomaster rear hubs and drift works adjustable arms for the rear, then plan on forging the spare engine I have which also has hks 256 cams in and plonking a 350z box in to top it off.

So if anyone is after a sr20det engine let me know

I'll chuck some pictures of what's been happening so far []

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 29-11-2021 at 15:05.

Rides
    Looks like a good project, decent spec with some nice parts. Definitely going to follow this build. Need more inspiration to get mine done.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jackg0416 View Post
    Looks like a good project, decent spec with some nice parts. Definitely going to follow this build. Need more inspiration to get mine done.

Haha thanks dude. Should be good fun

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Keep us updated with the progress mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    So rear subframe is now off. Defo seen better days and hasn't been looked after.

A nice clean up and the arms will be Useable and will also be up for sale, I will be putting a new powder coated and reinforced subframe with all new drift works arms. Delightful.

I have also stripped down the new engine which technically would get away with just a set of rings but I want to put forged rods and pistons in to complement the hks 256 cams and a added bonus has a nice tomei cam gear also [IMG]

Last edited by madskidsmike; 29-11-2021 at 15:04.

Rides
    I might be interested In the arms. I put the gktech subframe plates on while mine was off. Something you might do?

Rides
    Yeah cool man keep an eye in the sale threads. Once I've cleaned them up I'll put them on. The subframe already has reinforcing plates welded on there. Not too sure what ones as they were on there when I got them also putting on rear geomaster hubs

Rides
    Yeah will do. Ah right fair enough. Should be good when it's all built up. Worth doing properly.

Rides
    Little update. So new subframe is pretty much built up, all drift works arms, solid bushes and geomaster rear hubs. Just need to transfer diff, shafts and discs ect. Also started prepping rear arch inners and cleaning them up. I have had inner sills come through just waiting on outers and can begin welding bits up. Because of the solid mounts I'm gonna F off the boomerang mounts so I don't need to worry about welding in the nut for it again also

Last edited by madskidsmike; 29-11-2021 at 15:04.

Rides
    So little update the spare engine has been stripped to find this abomination of cylinder 2. Luckily the actual cylinder itself doesn't look to bad so hoping a re bore and we should be sweet. Forged rods and pistons are about to be ordered once I know what size to bore it too. Rear subframe just needs diff and shafts transferring now and my rear wheel Wells have been cleaned out.
    Going to try and get the fuel tank off next I think so I can start stripping the shit from underneath off the car
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 05-12-2021 at 10:29.

Rides
    Hey all so a few little updates. I've had to make the pics how they are due to where the car is at a friend's unit he doesn't want any of his stuff showing so I've tried to work it so u guys can still see some progress. Tubed front is coming along, fuel cell swirl pot ect ready to get installed, sills coming along nicely and a test fit of some panels on the front end

Rides
    Hello gents sorry been a long time since any updates. Been so busy with work and life but I have still been cracking on with the car at the same time. If anyone wants to see update pics from the build go check my Instagram out @motorsandmayhem or @mad_skids_mike plenty of pics on there.
    Basicly the front end has been fully tubed, whole car re painted, all underneath welded and painted, all arms ect new or re finished, cage painted, poly rear and front side windows. Basicly full nut and bolt of the car 🤣 been hectic but good fun and a huge learning curve as everything has been done in my garage and by myself 🤣. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good haha
    Next to do is the interior loom, dash, ecu, control panels. If anyone is handy with wiring near hereford and would like to lend a hand please send me a message.

Sorry for the long post happy new year to you all.
    Mike

Rides
    Here's a couple of pics of where she is atm. Like I say pretty much full build log is
    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 22-10-2023 at 20:57.

Rides
    Couple more of how underneath is now looking.
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 22-10-2023 at 20:57.

Rides
    nice work on that mate.looks the dogs

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    You should 100% go see the Wingfield Brothers and buy their centre insert for your switch panel

https://www.wingfieldbrothers.com/ni.../s14-dash-trim

Rides
    Thanks gents.
    And with regards to center panel that'd be pointless as I'm not keeping any original buttons ect. The metal one I've made I can paint or wrap and it encloses the switches I will need
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 22-10-2023 at 20:58.

Rides
    Fair play bud, I missed that you didn't have the main switches. I just thought it's a very pretty part. Car looks great so far.

Rides
    So hello again people. This is where I am currently. I've had a little bit of time of due to some work stuffs and spent Christmas time in Germany. Sooooo fuel cell mounts have been welded in then threw the fuel setup in just as a mock up, also the center console has been cut out ready to mount the switch panels

Rides
    Starting to strip the engine loom for any bits that aren't needed, eg abs stuffs, consult, speed sensors and few other random bits. Try get this harness as skinny as possible to keep the bay neat and tidy. But also hopefully have a running car it will be using a link ecu and digital dash so don't need to much.
    If anyone has any pionters of stuff to definitely keep or that I'll need would be appreciated. I'm going through the dash plug currently trying to work out what is and not needed and how I will make it work. There is also a small plug I'm not to sure what it's for in the second pic if anyone knows ?
    Thanks[