Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drifty boi s14

Rides
    Bit more progress being made. So new turbo and wastegate setup on, just got all the lines through also so will put them on in the next couple of days also.
    New skirts on which now look part of the kit that's been put on there rather then the lonely stock skirts. Rad fan tabs re welded to the correct places amd quick couplings added to the intercooler. (I'm not a welder) don't rinse me [lk
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 22-10-2023 at 20:59.

Rides
    Lots of new things happening, wiring is going in place, cerakoted my hot side parts, deleted my stock ignitor and wired up a loom for the 1.8t coils, Fuel system nearly all complete just needs pipes running to and from engine. Few other bits to tie bits in. Just a few small bits left now and to complete the wiring and we should be good to try and start her exciting times.

Rides
    So more wiring. Nearly complete. Everything that should be in place is now in place. Milestone number 1553

I was having cas trigger issues but found the issue, cranked and started first time. Cut it out quick as still need to verify a few bits plus make intercooler pipes and exhaust then get her ready for tuning

Bit of a bummer. Windscreen guy come to fit my front window and it ended up cracking, we are hoping it was down to a manufacture defect but we will find out next Wednesday when he takes it back out again.

Bits to finish up

Rides
    So today I got some quick connect couplings welded on and started mocking up intercooler piping. Also got round to putting some heat management onto the turbos lines

Got the car started a couple of days ago, I wasn't getting a trigger signal but have traced it back to a cas power wire. Threw 12v at the cas and fired straight up on the button. Exciting times.
    Last edited by madskidsmike; 22-10-2023 at 21:00.

Rides
    So here we are. Up, running, and pretty much in a good place. Few issues along the way, like blowing some incorrectly rated fuses I put in and a fuel pump on the first mapping session. But we move on
    Was back at the tuners (hpworx) on Thursday to finalise the car and dial her in. I must also say the engine is very very tired (cos worn, 130psi compression and a headgasket that may be on its way out) for this reasoning we kept the boost as wastegate pressure which is 11-12psi.
    We made 300hp and 335ft lbs I believe it was. Comes on beautifully full spool by 3700rpm and is super responsive which was one of my aims with this build.
    Still a few bits that need sorting, of course projects are never finished. But here she is with a few of my newest pics.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk