Thread: Show us your garage!

Rides

Show us your garage!

​I was tidying up some photos on my phone this evening and it reminded me of all the amazing garages that you see in the background of people's photos. So I will post my shoebox garage.

When we were looking for a house you would be lucky to get a driveway, and very lucky to have a garage. And we were blessed to find and able to buy a house with a decent driveway, AND a garage. Albiet a tiny 1960s garage.

The garage is tiny at 2.4m x 7m. But it's warm and bone dry. And it's a garage! But unfortunately too tight of a squeeze for my SX. :-( But it is used as a home for something else.

Dark and dingy when we moved in:

Shelves fitted, but still stuffed full of stuff until proper storage could be sorted.

Walls and ceiling painted brilliant white made a huge difference to the lighting. No longer felt dingy.

Hung as much on the walls as possible, without getting too cluttered and bringing back the dingy feeling. But still alot of sh1te stuffed everywhere.

The floor was very dusty, so sealed it for painting.

Painted frigate grey to keep things as bright as possible.

I bought a wooden garden shed. So organised the crap, dumped what was not needed and moved all the spare parts, oils, etc, into to shed to free up the garage.

That's the best that I can hope for. My attic is now floored and lit, so I will move the longer kept spare parts from the shed up into the attic to free up space in the shed.

And that is my shoebox! ​

Rides
    Hey long time no see.

I use Yoga mats under the car. I was in a smaller place before that.
    The shelving and throwing out old junk is the key. The photo above is the Shelves just going in and chucking the old wobbly one out.
    Last edited by Nuts; 21-10-2021 at 22:28.

Rides
    I'm lucky enough to have a double garage, one of the biggest reasons I bought my house. Looks a little different today because the Blue S14 is stripped and all the parts are in racking along the wall to the left of the cars, but this is the usual state of affairs when cars are complete.

Rides
    I am always so jealous when I see space like that! My garage is just a house, all work still has to be done outside on the driveway. So still weather dependent! :-(

Rides
    MAybe you should think of it as more of a workshop, it's still a funky and well utilised space. And keeps the GT6 dry! I like it as a garage.

I am very lucky to be fair, I think I am the only double garage in my suburb. Even the larger houses don't have them.
    Last edited by piman2k; 22-10-2021 at 13:04.

Rides
    Been garageless for 9yrs now

Rides
    Don't have pics on this phone, but after 10yrs of home ownership I finally built my first garage 3 yrs ago...

One of the main reasons for buying my current place was the 60 x 6 M strip of land adjacent to the garden - ideal hidey hole.

I couldn't make it as big as I wanted but still it works well for me....

I built a 12 x 4 M garage, separated inside into 3 areas, 4x4m each:

Work benches and shelve storage at far end, full width bench across back wall and 2x 600mm x 2m wheeled benches, one either side to move around as needed. This area holds the bench grinder and chop saw, band saw and table top saws.

Next centre section houses big tools on both sides, so 3 tier metal tool box, drill press, compressor, welder, jack hammer, chainsaw etc, Rack or floor mounted neatly away...

Then by the door there is a beam fitted for winching on, oil storage and jacking equipment. The motor bike lives here, but moves into the centre for when car work takes place.

Managed get away with a 1.8M high pitched roof too for mega storage, manage to get both mountain bikes hung up against the rafters in there.

Then in front of the garage there is a 20 x 6 M driveway which is poured concrete and finished smooth to allow jacking etc with ease.

Behind the garage is setup as my materials storage are with a second 4x4m shed for garden equipment to be kept dry.

I waited so long to get it done, I am so happy with it now I couldn't do without it.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    I’ve bought a new house summer which has a garage, S14a just about fits. Needs a clear out though, previous owner left lots of his stuff he didn’t want, some useful bits so hard to get totally pissed off.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I need to get a shed and have a clear out but I’m lucky to have a reasonable sized single garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I'm lucky enough to have a double garage, one of the biggest reasons I bought my house. Looks a little different today because the Blue S14 is stripped and all the parts are in racking along the wall to the left of the cars, but this is the usual state of affairs when cars are complete.

Little jealous of your space there, can’t grumble as got a decent outside space but being able to leave tools etc out and walk away is always a winner.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Little jealous of your space there, can’t grumble as got a decent outside space but being able to leave tools etc out and walk away is always a winner.
    Ha, thank you. It doesn't look that nice at the moment as that 14 is in pieces and bits piled all over.

Rides
    I'm just jealous that you all have a garage at your houses! I have cars scattered around the country. Hoping that will change next year as we are now actively house hunting (prerequisite is to have a double garage for me!!! )

Rides
    I have my tools in a shed and my 14 is on my neighbors drive that backs onto my house, but theres no access so while i can throw a power lead over the fence i have to walk around 4 houses on a terrace and back if i need a screwdriver.

So jealous of those with garages!

Rides

16x19ft big enough to swing a cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Wow! Nice!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Wow! Nice!
    Thanks. Jetwashed off the underside last weekend and topped up the underseal for the winter. Dont have a hard stand so i have to do it half out, half in and broom out the water after.

Rides
    I love the 1970s/80s speakers! :-)

Rides
    I really want to have a garage built at the back of my house which I bought 4 years ago. I'm hoping I can get one in a couple of years time. I'll have to have some medium sized trees removed and I reckon I could get be a double one widthwise in there.