Thread: S14a door locks

Rides

S14a door locks

So when i got my s14 all door locks where seized, i took the driver and boot locks out and got them working, the passenger came loose by it self so now i actually can secure my car WOOP!

Here the issue and its annoying when I lock the car with the key from the driver side it doesn't lock the passenger with it? I need to walk round and lock it separately.

Atm i am not driving the car daily so its not bothering me to much BUT when get it back on the road its guna be annoying yo have to unlock it for the wife or homies to actually join me in my gorgeous s14!

What could this be ? Should i strip the passenger door down could it be some linkage not connected properly? Or do you think the lock just need some general maintenance cz it is a bit of a grotty feel to the lock when i use it ?

Any idea would be great!

Rides
    Normally you stick your wd40 straw in the hole and give it a general squirt. No need to remove the locks.

To answer your question, when you lock the door can you hear a solenoid on the passenger side? If not the solenoid is probably not connect or knackered. If you can hear it, then maybe the rod from the solenoid to the barrel has come undone. The later is unlikely, and it's more likely to need a new solenoid, however depends how much the car has been messed with.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rides
    No problem it could be the wiring aswell thinking about it as the window doesn't work either

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s14_jordan View Post
    No problem it could be the wiring aswell thinking about it as the window doesn't work either
    Does the stuff work on the driver door? Window etc? There is a relay which controls the windows (and locking i think) which I pulled by mistake. Its down at the foot well panel drivers side. Next to the fuel pump relay.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yea so its a weird one the driver side window works and when i was messing with the car the other day the passenger window started working but then stopped when i shut the door again, i think it might where the wiring enters the door think it might have got pinched or something.

Rides
    i think there is a big electrical plug in the A post