Thread: Pin out on s14a auto ecu harness

Rides

Pin out on s14a auto ecu harness

Struggling to get a spark on my s14a rebuild, the car has had the wiring out for a battery and fuse box location swap so most likely just a bad earth but wanted to ask anyway.
    Car has 350z coilpacks and have had the two pins swapped on the connectors and the ignitor delete.

So Ive checked the relay behind the ecu passenger side and the wire that supplys pin 49 and 59 (black and white wire) has battery voltage when ignition on.
    I have tried to check the continuity (resistance with ohm meter) on pins 10 and 20 however I seem to have an open circuit on what I think is pin 20, but here is the problem I cant quite understand why the workshop manual shows more connections than my ecu actually has?

It says I should have 18 connections on the top left side of the hold down bolt but mine only has 17. (bottom left on picture)

Is bottom left pin in picture number 101 or 50?

Thanks

Rides
    Some more photos of ecu and workshop manual.

Also need to double check and strip back the wiring covers but the wires ive marked with a dot and black no ground should they be showing a small resistance? (battery disconnected)

Rides
    You're looking at the S14 service manual not the S14A one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    You're looking at the S14 service manual not the S14A one
    Yeah that would help, been looking at the wrong one for years, might have to recheck a few things now =(

Rides
    So 107,108 and 116 are not grounded, however 107 and 116 are to each other.

Things ive maybe messed up,
    1. ABS connectors in engine bay have all been cut off, one black ground wire I grounded to chassis.
    2. Ignitor delete had a ground wire loose, which I have also now grounded to chassis.
    3 The abs connector F5 is now disconnected as the rest of the abs system is gone.

I swear I had ground on 107,108 and 116 at some point when I was hooking wires up from the ignitor and abs delete but not 100% sure now and cant recreate it.

Any issues If I just put some better chassis grounds to the wires mentioned?

Rides
    Problem solved just a bad ground so the two loose earth wires (ignitor delete + ABS Wiring) I have earth these both to chassis at the same point so I now have continuity.

However reading through the rest of the diagnostic procedure I found two things, I dont have battery voltage on the middle coilpack injector only the large Black and white wire (but I think you swap two wires over on the 350z coilpacks so suspect this is not an issue, need to check online for details what ive done lol)

I dont have a ground from ignition coil relay on pin 2