Thread: Anyone fitted a racetech dash2 in their s13

Rides

Anyone fitted a racetech dash2 in their s13

As above, I could use some help getting my head around a few bits of wiring-

-fuel level, I understand this needs a 100ohm pull up resistor. But where can I get one I cant find them online?

2-Sidelights wire to dash, can I just use the "oem illumination" wire?

3- vehicle speed, not looked much into this as yet.

Rides
    not specific to the dash but..

100ohm resistor is just a 100ohm resistor, the pull up bit refers to using the main DC voltage to 'pull up' the signal. if it was pull down it'd pull it down to ground.

you just need to get the right wattage resistor but I'd imagine it'd just be a normal 1/8-1/4w resistor.

It's been years since I wired the 180 up so can't help on the other two
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    not specific to the dash but..

100ohm resistor is just a 100ohm resistor, the pull up bit refers to using the main DC voltage to 'pull up' the signal. if it was pull down it'd pull it down to ground.

you just need to get the right wattage resistor but I'd imagine it'd just be a normal 1/8-1/4w resistor.

It's been years since I wired the 180 up so can't help on the other two
    Thanks mate, my friends grabbing me the resistor today so hopefully that'll be sorted.

Have figured out the lighting just the vehicle speed now which id prefer to use oem sensor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    it depends on what signal you're trying to use - from what I remember, the OEM cluster is what creates the signal for the OEM ECU, I think they describe that here:

https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewt...?f=131&t=52690

it all depends on what signal the thing can process as to what you use - if you check the S13 OEM manual, it's got the wave patterns for the ECU speed input and the speedometer input type so you can match it up.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.