Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pleased to have a working 200SX again

Rides
    I'm not in any particular hurry. I'd rather like to take her around some motor shows this summer. With retirement less than 2 months away, the SXOC may get me onto some club stands this summer.

However, I am short of storage space and currently have the ULEZ compliant Ford Focus parked on the neighbour's driveway. The neighbouring property is empty, so their driveway is available, but if that flat is let again, I will need to find somewhere else. We have some general clutter on our driveway but when that is moved, my partner wants to put a skip in that space.

I might need to rent a garage somewhere. At least the 200SX is watertight. I have never forgiven my partner for working on me until I backed my Opel Manta out of my garage so he could store things in there. The Opel was not watertight and the interior became mouldy. I sold her to a doorknocker for £50 and next I knew, she had changed hands again and the subsequent owner had cleaned out the mould and got her running again. I don't want a doorknocker to sell my 200SX on. I want someone to buy her and value her for her original condition.

We also have a Reliant Rialto on the driveway. She has had SORN declared for upwards of 10 years. She has a fairly minor mechanical problem and needs some new tyres. She is also 40+ years old and I would have liked her on the road because she is tax and ULEZ exempt. However, my partner is adamant that he doesn't want me driving the Reliant. I think his driving days are over, so the Rialto is surplus to requirements and I should seek a purchaser for her. She's not very large, so I don't know whether she would release enough driveway space. I might be able to move the Golf up to where the Reliant is and park the Focus behind the Golf. The Golf is also not ULEZ compliant, but she is ostensibly my partner's, even if he isn't driving her. She has the back seats down and is our vehicle of choice for visiting our storage unit and the dump.

My IFA recommends selling the 200SX and when you consider how much she costs to tax on a pension, he has a good point. My partner wants me to hang onto her for another 2 years, but I think that's pushing it, although if I declared SORN for the winter months and only taxed her for 6 months during car show season, it would reduce the tax a bit. At least the Ford Focus tax is only £20. Not sure why, but I'm glad!

Rides
    If you look to sell. I agree with the previous reply, market is going down at the moment. Come later in the year, I'm sure it will pick up again. But the owners who spend the most, are not always the ones to take care of them, depends if you want it to go to a good owner or just anyone.
    Stock examples are worth more than "messed with" cars. Hence Why I can't bring my self to cut the original steel arches on my current s13. My wife has always wanted a s14 200sx, with her current medical diagnosis. I should get my arse in to gear to make that happen.

Rides
    id get your reliant back on the road as it will be cheap to insure on a classic policy/free tax/ no mot etc.. but then im from Tamworth so am bias towards the things.