Thread: Ca18det ecu difference?

Rides

Unhappy Ca18det ecu difference? *URGENT*

Hey guys,

I have an urgent question regarding the different ca18det ecu s’.

Long story short, my car decided not to started after only just being parked for one day. And I’ve sent it to a mechanic to get it checked out.

I currently have the 23710 36F00 (98) that came with my car. And my mechanic after going through everything
    suspects that there’s something wrong with my current ecu and suggested I change it.
    But I can only find one other ca18det ecu near me and the numbers on it are slightly different. It’s 23710 36F05 (78). If I get this can it be used on my car? Sorry if this has been asked before I’m currently at my wits end and my mechanic doesn’t know either.

Regards,
    Jay
    Last edited by jay wong; 28-08-2021 at 13:38.

Rides
    its probably not your ECU, take the lid off it and look at all the bits inside it to see if look good.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    its probably not your ECU, take the lid off it and look at all the bits inside it to see if look good.
    You mean see if anything is fried inside? Also another question. To eliminate of it’s an ecu issue, can I use an auto ecu? I have a spare ecu that came with the car but it’s for an auto ca18det.