Thread: What is the going rate for s15 at the moment?

Rides

What is the going rate for s15 at the moment?

Been a while since I posted on here, so will start off with saying hello :-)

Seen allot of the prices going mad lately, looking at buying a tidy Spec-s(L) with S15 SR20DET with manual five speed, bodywork very tidy, 2001 reg car in black.

Coilovers, nice wheels, brake upgrades an LSD upgrade.

What is the going rate at the moment?

Cheers!

Rides
    Probably what you feel it should be, plus £10k. Prices have gone mad.

I think we're at the stage now where its value really is what someone wants to pay for it, and this is quite rightly driving prices skyward.

Rides
    Looking at the prices today on what is available from Japan, landed and taxes paid for the cheapest Spec-S Auto is going to set you back £15k, its gone daft, 2 years ago I paid £1800 for mine at auction, it is ridiculous now.
    It is currently cheaper to import a Spec-R from Canada.
    It will most likely crash when the market for the USA does open up as there will be many factors to play such as polished turds, prices are daft so less are selling and stocks are very flush with unsold cars sat at auction or with dealers in Japan, the greed rush has peaked. There are so many better cars available for less now that you really have to want to own an S15 over other marques for these current asking prices. Plus less being allowed on roads due to climate regulations changing rapidly in different countries.
    So to answer your question a Spec-S with a DET swap and 5 speed right now should be £15k - £20k, but there are way better front wngine rear wheel drive cars available for that money.

Rides
    Yep, S15 prices are bananas these days.

The days of the 3/4k Spec S are long gone. There's a black, unconverted Spec S online at the moment for £12k. And it's not even that nice, got some tacky metal flake all over it.

JDM Garage (I think) are selling a recently painted, Red Spec R converted Spec S for £25k. Genuine Spec R's are about £27k upwards with 90/100k miles.

Nonsensical money for the car IMO, you really have to want one to warrant that cash. Pretty much exactly what WTFIA said.