Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E10 fuel on s15 year 2000?

Rides

E10 fuel on s15 year 2000?

Hi all was looking on the gov checker to run e10 fuel on s15 year 2000. And it says that any Nissan registered 1st of Jan 2000 is OK. What does everyone think will this fuel damage the cars? Or will u be running v power as normal?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I would avoid it, because your car may have been registered in 2000 but made the year before. And I always avoid the unknown on a crossover year as a rule of thumb.

Why risk it.

Rides
    Not a UK car so wouldn't necessarily have had to comply with UK regulations at the time of registration.

Bearing in mind that the S15 in virtually mechanically unchanged from an S14 built in 1996, I personally wouldn't use it.

Rides
    Super unleaded will remain the same and safe to use

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The guys in the states use e85 etc so what do they do to run it? Most of us have uprated pumps, can see injectors being an issue so guess that would leave the fuel lines.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Fuel is the least of the worries, its the daily emissions charges being rolled out across the country from September thats a big concern.

Rides
    What's that then? I read about the London ULEZ growing but any info on what these daily charges are supposed to be about?

Rides
    Well London is extending the ULEZ(Ultra Low Emission Zone) whilst the below are introducing CAZ(Clean Air Zones)which will be a daily charge of anything from £8-£24 per day to enter(dependant on local authority).
    Bath
    Birmingham
    Bristol
    Bradford
    Leicester
    Manchester
    Newcastle
    Portsmouth
    Sheffield
    Basildon
    Cambridge
    Canterbury
    Coventry
    Derby
    Exeter
    Leeds
    Liverpool
    Nottingham
    Oxford
    Southampton
    Sefton
    St Albans
    Warrington
    Wokingham
    York
    Multiple Areas of Scotland and Wales.

This is going to effect all pre Euro 4 petrol cars(pre Jan 2006) and pre euro 5 diesel cars(pre Jan 2011)
    Its going to make the old Jap cars more and more like weekend or sunny day cars and we will see less and less on the roads and more zones excluding and full banning these vehicles from use.

Rides
    https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/fleet-fa...-air-zones-caz

"Basildon

CAZ opposed.

Basildon and Rochford Councils have been told by the Government that they must consider a CAZ to address two areas of illegal pollution by 2020.

The councils are fighting the order which, if implemented, could impose restrictions on the A127.

The council is proposing a new cycle route and £470,000 of investment for rapid charging points as an alternative to a CAZ."

Considering the mess of the A13 widening local to us (delayed and overbudget) along with the planned M25 bypass the air pollution round here is already rubbish.
    The massive port that was the refinery has now so much HGV traffic running through it the roads are now falling apart despite being prepared and are repaired
    (botched) almost monthly.

Rides
    Aren't the CAZ zones tiny though? I just googled the Bristol one and it's just the bit in the very very centre, which anyone would be mad to take any car to/through, let alone anything old.

Rides
    Yep, CAZs in localised areas of cities, affecting only certain vehicle types (dependent on Euro specifications) it a bit different and smaller scale.

Rides
    I've just looked at Southampton's zone & it catches parts of the M27...

Rides
    I herd that the v power will be available for the next 5 years after that who knows what will happen. They truly are making this harder for all of us. Hope some companies come up with a couple of mods we can do to keep it safe.

Rides
    tbh you sould be changing the fuel lines on it any way as its 20+ years old.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    tbh you sould be changing the fuel lines on it any way as its 20+ years old.
    It's not just about fuel lines though. Injector O rings, rubberised seals etc all have to be compatible with E10 because ethanol eats stuff like that over time.

Rides
    Yeh I was reading that too. Well Ill be running v power until its available. Then we shall see if companies come up with a good conversion kit. Because once v power or equivalent is taken off the market in 5 years then we will be forced to have some sort of conversion

Rides
    Where are you reading that V Power is going to be discontinued? I haven't seen any traffic to suggest that.

It's highly unlikely they will remove E5 fuels entirely.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post

"Basildon

CAZ opposed.

Basildon and Rochford Councils have been told by the Government that they must consider a CAZ to address two areas of illegal pollution by 2020.

The councils are fighting the order which, if implemented, could impose restrictions on the A127.

The council is proposing a new cycle route and £470,000 of investment for rapid charging points as an alternative to a CAZ."

Considering the mess of the A13 widening local to us (delayed and overbudget) along with the planned M25 bypass the air pollution round here is already rubbish.
    The massive port that was the refinery has now so much HGV traffic running through it the roads are now falling apart despite being prepared and are repaired
    (botched) almost monthly.
    Theyre part way through building another 3000 new homes round here (part of Rochford District Council) so thats gonna help road traffoc pollution reduction!!!

Ive been calling (along with many other locals) for better cycle routes for a few years now but nothing has happened due to cost.

Rides
    Bath CAZ is class C, doesn't apply to private cars.
    https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/check-yo...and-pay-charge

Portsmouth will be class B starting autumn 2021, doesn't apply to cars.

Bristol summer 2022, Brum and London charge for cars.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Where are you reading that V Power is going to be discontinued? I haven't seen any traffic to suggest that.

It's highly unlikely they will remove E5 fuels entirely.
    https://www.footmanjames.co.uk/blog/...r-classic-cars

"For those vehicles, the Department remains committed to ensuring that E5 is retained as a protection grade, if E10 is introduced.”

The DfT have also said there would be a review after five years to consider whether there is a viable and widely available alternative for owners of older cars and whether continuing to sell E5 remains appropriate.

You can bet you ass that there will be an alternative - fuel treatments.