Thread: Part no tension rod bushes

Rides

Part no tension rod bushes

Anybody with fast got the part number for the front tension rod bushes? I don't fancy trying to explain what I want to Nissan and then waiting months for the wrong part. Thanks

Rides
    I don't think you can buy them separately from Nissan.

Hardrace ones from Driftworks not an option?

Rides
    i think i might have a pair of new old stock OEM ones.
    how much of a rush are you in?

Rides
    Thanks for the offer but I think I might fit the powerflex ones as I fit those on a previous 13 and I was able to squish them in with a vice

Rides
    As Ben said, OEM not available as a standalone part from Nissan. Powerflex references are PFF46-218 or PFF46-218BLK for Black Series.

Rides
    Thankyou, would you recommend purple or black. I had purple last time and they didn't perish after several years and they were quite hard. The car is for road use only, the black looks cleaner though, car is standard.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Thankyou, would you recommend purple or black. I had purple last time and they didn't perish after several years and they were quite hard. The car is for road use only, the black looks cleaner though, car is standard.
    I'd steer clear of poly and just get these - https://www.driftworks.com/hardrace-...-2pcs-set.html

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I've never driven on Black but they're supposed to be more track focused as they're stiffer, so I'd go Purple.

Ben, why so anti-poly? Too stiff?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I've never driven on Black but they're supposed to be more track focused as they're stiffer, so I'd go Purple.

Ben, why so anti-poly? Too stiff?
    Just from talking to Powerflex 20 odd years ago. They said poly was too stiff and didn't allow enough flex between the tension rod and the lower arm.

Rides
    Went with purple from driftworks. Don't know if that was cheapest purchase option but it was the most convenient, I've fitted those before as I say. The poly can't be that hard if you can squish it in with a vice. I used to have hard race anti roll bar poly bushes on my old S13 and they perished after 2 years which is shocking so although the above bushes were rubber I don't trust the company.