Thread: Welcome from Leicester (200sx new owner)

Rides

Welcome from Leicester (200sx new owner)

Hi all, I believe that buying 200sx will give me a lot of fun and joy.
    To make a short story even shorter:
    I am a massive Japanese cars fan. So someday, I was looking for a new toy, searching the market for many like S2000, DC5, RX-8 (this one I actually own), RX-7, Chaser, etc.

And one day I realised... Hey! I did not even look for Silvias So, a quick search and Facebook showed me an interesting example.
    2 days later, I bought it. I was not even planning to get this car, but I loved it from day 1 I have seen it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pretty much stock car, only coil-overs, brakes, exhaust are changed.
    She is from 1997 with 93k on the clock.

The underside looks very solid, with a few spots of tiny surface rust.
    To me, it looks like it was fully resprayed (the previous owner had no information about it, so I cannot confirm)

2 days after I brought her to the new home, I had a chance to go for a ride, a proper day out in marvellous sunny weather.
    Well, oh well, I was not expecting that from this car...
    I drove through the city, and people been taking videos of the car, then I stopped on parking to get some beers for the night today, and guess what? One chap asked me - what is this car? I have never seen one like that in my life...
    The smile on my face got bigger and bigger. Since then, I watched people passing by; I could not believe I just bought a head-turner. Alright, Alright, Calm down, Tommy
    Later on, I have given a chance to drive the little beast by my friend - he has also fallen in love with it.
    Sorry to take your time reading this; I can't resist saying how I enjoy driving it.

I plan to make this car outstanding, meaning technically as good as possible, and make as few as possible mods to increase the power to around 300/350 bhp. But the standard 197bhp still puts a smile on my face

I may be posting my own topic to document the whole work, which is waiting for me soon.

All the best! And many thanks for your time to make this forum available for us!

PS: Just wondering if anybody can recognize this car to be in ownership, maybe one of the forum members?
    Last edited by tommyveldel; 17-06-2021 at 23:34.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Stunning looking car, welcome.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    looks very clean

Rides
    That’s a cool story! You’ve bought i gem by the looks of it.

Welcome to the club, and keep us updated with your progress!

Rides
    Welcome aboard, I love the damson colour. Looks cool. I've fond memories of Leicester and great to hear the SX still catches an eye or two 🙂

Has anyone called it a skyline yet

Rides
    Hi Everybody!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    Welcome aboard, I love the damson colour. Looks cool.
    The colour may be a little different in the picture than in the reality, but still - I also love this colour anyway.

Not yet, as people don't really know what that is

Rides
    Well may you drive her! I always loved that purple! And that looks like a very clean example!

Funny that you say about people taking photos etc. My SX had been sitting for pretty much a year and last weekend I removed the cover and we went for a spin down the country for the day. A car pulled along side me on the motorway and started beeping and giving me the thumbs up, we stopped in a small village and a cafe worker came out to talk all about the car. On the way home a motorway maintenance truck pulled into the fastlane and the passenger gestured for me to undertake them so he could video the car. They are rare now and approaching classic status.

In fact I done a 300 mile run with the TVR club last Sunday. When I told them what I had, they said "Come along in the SX!!"

Rides
    Haha I get that from kids all the time! :-)

Rides
    It's actually nice to see one is such good condition and on standard wheels. :-)

Rides
    Mines insured on a classic policy this year so definitely classing them as classic now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    It's actually nice to see one is such good condition and on standard wheels. :-)
    Wheels are going off to my attic dry storage and for sure will be putting something more outstanding.

Rides
    Thanks @adrianrt
    At the moment i have a limited time to offer my s14 but slowly doing some bits an bobs.
    Recently repainted radiator brackets as they cought a bit of corrosion.
    Next thing is the bushing, front needs replacing - do you all guys recommend any particular polibushes brands to fit in a daily car?
    Thanks in advance!

Rides
    Every one has a preference and it's usually based on brand, not back to back feedback.

I just went with Powerflex as it's a known quality part. You'll never know which is better or worse unless you drive them all and know exactly what to look for.