Thread: S14a speedo help?

Rides

S14a speedo help?

Evening all, so iv been pondering a problem for a wee but and was wondering if anyone smarter that me had a work around

Basically, going with a complete drivetrain change in my s14a, will be running a cd box and a complete r33 diff and shafts, Will also be running a ecu master black

Issue I have is getting the speedo to work with this setup. Cd box doesn't have a speed sensor and I currently have an r33 non abs rear diff.

Have been trying to figure out a way to pick up a speed signal so that I can keep the original speedo all working as normal. I'm not ruining the interior with a digital dash either wanna keep it fully street car.

The way I figure the only real option is to change to an r33 abs diff and use that with one of those dakota speed converter box things to make it work?

Anyone got any other ideas before I buy another diff? Pick up speed signal from a front abs ring on the wheel bearing? Not sure if that's possible?

Cheers ladies

Rides
    Dakota Digital do a GPS box

Rides
    Can you use the abs sensor from the front?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Dakota Digital do a GPS box
    awesome, thanks man. knew someone would have an answer, dont quite know how i missed that on the Dakota website but ill pick one up and get that all fitted up!

Quote Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
    Can you use the abs sensor from the front?
    im running front and rear drop knuckles so no provisions for the oem abs sensor unfortunately, it was a possibility to make a bracket to get a sensor on the front but Ben just saved me that hassle ahhaha

Rides
    i had a dakota box ruuning off a front abs sensor and could never get the speedo to be accurate across the entire speed range.