Thread: Purchase 200sx

Rides

Purchase 200sx

Hi I'm thinking of purchasing an s14 and I'm new to them and was wondering what I should look out for in terms of the car, pricing and the upkeep of one. any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Pricing your looking at 8k onwards depending. On how clean it is and spec.
    Look out for
    Rust rear pockets, sills, arches, boot, front struts, floor, any rattles on engine.

Up keep need money to spend as sr are good but can be temperamental if not looked after. Parts wise some oem parts available some will need to be aftermarket.

Total there money pits lol

The more you throw at them the more they take.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Check the stickies thread for the Buyers Guide - https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....-i-looking-for

Rust is the biggest issue by far, be thorough and look at the buyers guide for where to look.

Pricing varies wildly these days based on condition. It very much depends what you're looking for in the standard of car. If you're after a rougher car that you can throw around and modify, you might be in the 7-8k region. If you're looking for something pristine and original, that's much more likely to be in the 11-12k region. There are some anomalies recently including a 22.5k original car that hasn't sold for years, and an 18k one owner car that sold through a dealer this year.

I would personally avoid modified cars. The quality and standard of mods from the "DIY budget" culture has left some cars out there that are lemons or downright dangerous.