Thread: Water on Driver side floor

Rides

Water on Driver side floor

So its been raining a lot around here recently and i noticed the windows had some condensation on them. Had a look around and noticed a large puddle under the driver side floor mat. Nothing around the edges of the footwell, no obvious drips. I dried it up but the next day when it rained again the water is back. Any ideas? Its just the driver side and it does not have a sunroof.

Rides
    Check under carpet below pedals, they have a habit of going there, also scuttle below windscreen.

Rear quarters can leak and run down b-pillar also boot hinges and seams where boot frame meets b-pillar

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Had this on my s14 and it was the grommet in the door shut for the electrics
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    if it's stationary when it's leaking, as pointz said, rust behind the pedals - where the rear of the front inner arch meets the firewall tends to go.

if it's driving when it's getting wet, there's another seam where the firewall meets the floorpan, that goes pretty easily too but the bitumen soundproofing covers it so you don't know until it's all fallen apart.

you don't need to remove the seat to check the carpet, just remove the footrests, the lower trim that covers the electrics below the dash and the side trim to allow the carpet to move a bit.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.