Thread: Has anyone done a coil pack conversion recently

Rides

Has anyone done a coil pack conversion recently

Hiya has anyone done a coil pack conversion in the last couple years? Did you buy a kit? Rig it up yourself? Iv been looking at r35 coil pack conversion kits but can only see them for sale abroad. Surly someone sells them UK or a similar kit. Not sure if I'm missing something. Thanks

Rides
    just go for the VAG one, the 1.8t coils are good for 200hp per cylinder and are a quarter of the price of GTR coils. I bought the Z Power kit probably 5 years ago and the loom and coils have been faultless in that time. Just need to vent the coil pack cover or not run one to allow the heat to escape

Rides
    What’s the issue with buying abroad? TAARK’s R35 conversion kit is mega value for money even with the duties.

Rides
    I did Vag, NGK R8 coils from Opie are about £100 for 4. I did make a loom for my mates R34, but there’s looms on eBay which I used for the S15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I used the VAG coils, I figured every motor factor in the country would have a spare coilpack on the shelf if I was out and about and needed to buy 1 urgently. I bought the connectors from the VEMS website as they had nice rubber dust boots.

Rides
    I've done the VAG conversion, since R8 coils might be more reliable than OEM one on S13. Bought a loom from some in Driftworks.

Rides
    350Z conversion?