Thread: Shotgun exhaust dB levels

Rides

Shotgun exhaust dB levels

So I am running a tubular mani, 3inch elbow, 3inch downpipe decat and a shotgun exhaust. The things is too loud.
    Was wondering how to make it quieter or if anyone has had any problems beeing stopped on road. I like the look but it's soo dam loud lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    You can get a decat silencer - I wouldn't recommend the japspeed one but getting one made at a garage/yourself.

Rides
    What's wrong with japspeed one? Also how much would a price to have one made be..

Rides
    I have been quoted ~£200 - £240 in Hertfordshire area. The japspeed one sits at an angle so quite easy to catch on bumps etc.

Picture shows it on my car (ignore the crumpled chassis rails). I am pretty sure I am not being stupid when mounting it and I have read other comments about it being at an angle.

https://imgur.com/XpVpoRM

I will say that it will most likely still be pretty loud but it makes it nicer on longer journeys and takes the edge off a bit.
    Last edited by rococo; 22-04-2021 at 13:06.

Rides
    Yeh I can see what u mean. Only reason I want one its because the shotgun exhaust is soo loud and don't really fancy beeing pulled over because of it.

Rides
    just buy a proper exhaust.

Rides
    Japspeed stuff is poor fitting, chinese crap, just avoid at all costs. As green_rs13 says, if you dont want a loud car all the time, get a proper cat back with a back box. If you want obnoxious noise but also normal sound, get an exhaust cut out valve and have the best of both worlds

Rides
    Sr's sound shit. I had a blue flame sensible exhaust on my 14a in the end , a 3 inch from Apex, still ran good power but sounded ok. Had two proper silencers.