Thread: S14a overheating!!! Just can't figure this out

Rides

S14a overheating!!! Just can't figure this out

So my s14a seems to overheat after a few minutes driving around normal. Expantion tank overfill and coolant comes out. I've changed thermostat to mishimoto one, inspected watwrpump and it's fine, Rad flows, I bled the system about 6 times now using the bleed bolt and burping. And still nothing. No signs of headgasket leak. It's doing my head in. I can't even drive it to have a leak test as it won't make it. Any help

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Have you changed the rad cap?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rides
    No not yet. I did notice the Rad cap is soft under the sticker so I don't know if its supposed to have a bit of give. But hisses. I've just done a compression test and it's 135psi on all 4 cylinder these are readings bare in mind its a high milage sr20det and a little video of what I mean about Rad cap. And noticed my spark plug tips are yellow. I've bled the system again for the 7th time no air. And also water pump is absolutely fine. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/607b1b33...417-WA0001.mp4

Rides
    If the rad cap is releasing pressure (aka f*cked), it'll allow the water to boil and over heat. For such a small expensive I'd get an uprated rad cap to rule it out.

Rides
    Where can I get an uprated one to fit oem Rad. As don't wanna order something that won't fit. Cheers

Rides
    Mishimoto is a good brand. I'd avoid "JDM" type brands unless you know its from a reputable source and not a Chinese copy. Conceptua Tuning on ebay are legit so they would most likely be able to sort you out with what you need

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Cheers I'll have a look at mishimoto and the other company

Rides
    Just had a look at jdm garage and found the blitz 1.3 blue cap there £22 will this be OK? As conceptua hasn't got any and neither has mishimoto on their sites.

Rides
    I recently got an HKS one from Conceptua, seemed to have plenty in stock, seems ok so far although didnt have any overheating issues before, just looks nicer than the stock one!

Rides
    Ordered a blitz type 2 Rad cap at 1.3 I'll keep everyone update.

Rides
    I was thinking could it be maybe radiator not keeping up? Maybe need an upgrade from standard old shitty one