Thread: Second hand Power FC

Rides

Second hand Power FC

I’ve just brought a second hand Power FC for my S13 SR, should it start the car? It cranks but doesn’t fire, i haven’t adjusted my injector values so thinking maybe it isn’t getting enough fuel? Can i reset the FC using the commander to the base map or will i just need to get it fired up once i get to a tuner?

Rides
    Just read how to reset the FC to the base map and to turn off boost control? Is there anything else to look out for if the engine still doesn’t fire? Hoping i haven’t got a faulty unit.

Rides
    I know when my power fc was fitted there was some wire swapping done on the cas and I think the fuel pump wire had to be repinned at the ecu.
    Pretty sure there's a guide in the technical section for it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Just to add, if your car is running fine with the current ecu, it might be an idea just to let your tuner fit the power fc for you when they map it (I thought about saving a few quid by installing stuff before mapping, but decided to let them install everything at the same time as I figured it was cheaper in the long run than potentially ruining the engine/turbo/etc).
    Might be worth a conversation with your tuner.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rides
    If it's definitely the right one for your car (there are differences between red top and black top S13 SRs) then it should start.

What number is your original ECU and what part number is the PowerFC?
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 16-04-2021 at 09:11.

Rides
    Reset to the base map and turned off the boost control and it fired up thanks guys. Just letting it do the idle learn. If i refit my stock ECU until its ready to be mapped will i have to run the FC through its idle learn process again?