Thread: Headgasket help

Rides

Headgasket help

Just found out the head gasket is gone on my s14a. Its pissing coolant from the front on top of water pump.
    Anyone know any good company that can check the head in Surrey area? Also what's the best head gasket to go for? I'll be doing water pump, timing chain, and oil pump as well wile it's open. Any help appreciated thanks.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Can you post a video of the leak? if its coming out from above the water pump its most likely just the pump gasket. Your Head gasket is probably fine...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    As above the water pump can be removed and sealed without touching the head gasket. If you do end up replacing the headgasket you need to match the thickness with any amount of machine work you have done to the head/block in order to keep the compression ratio correct.

I’ve used cosworth and tomei gaskets and both have been good
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    OK so I thought I'd bleed system again. Checked compression again and it's 135 exact on all 4 cylinders, did notice spark plugs tips to be bright yellow. Also I've notice a hiss from Rad cap and I dunno if Rad cap is supposed to do this. I've attached a video. Also temp doesn't go on red anymore but sits about 2mm under the red. And bubbles from expantion tank again. Head gasket is a cosworth metal gasket and no symptoms of gasket failure. Water pump has been checked and everything is at it should. This is really a head akehttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/607b25da...417-WA0001.mp4

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    you could do a 'sniff test' to see if you have combustion gasses in the coolant.