Thread: S13 rear arches

Rides

S13 rear arches

After opinions.

Prior to my ownership someone folded the arch lips up, to make this easier I assume they slit the lips then folded.

I tried to flare them and this just resulted in creases at every slit position.

I have 3 options.

Weld the slits and attempt to flare them again.

Make some flares, cut existing arch and weld them in then stitch inner and outer arch together.

Cut them out and fit overfenders ( last option)

I would of liked to keep flared oem as you can see there is only minor surface rust between the inner and outer lip.

What would you guys do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I would neatly cut round the outer skin of the arch, maybe 3 to 4 inches away from the lip. Now you have better access to the inner arch, bend/pull it back to where you want it in comparison to the outer arch. Keeping trying the outer arch on to make sure the inner doesn't sit too low.
    Once you are 100% happy with the inner arch position and shape, weld up the slots then do what ever rust prevention you see fit. My choice would be to use Bilt Hamber Etchweld.
    Now you can straighten the outer arch up to match the inner. You can either weld the slits up, weld the arch on a plug weld or weld the arch on first then weld the inner and outer together using the suits. I'd personally weld the arch off the car, clean up the welds, drill some holes for plug welds then carefully weld the outer arch back to the car. Butt welding panels is a horrible task with a MIG welder so it's best to tack it into place in a few spots, allow to cool, then rinse and repeat. It's better to take an hour to weld the arch in with no distortion and it takes an hour than weld it in 10 mins and used half a tub of filler to make it look straight!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk