Thread: S14 Windscreen removal help?

Rides

S14 Windscreen removal help?

Anyone know how to remove s14 windscreen? Need to repaint the car and outer seal is gone completely. Question is shall I just mask it up and get a new universal outer trim or shall I remove? If so I can't figure out how.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Rides
    IIRC cutting the screen out ****s the original rubber up as it wraps round the screen edge. When it comes to getting mine removed I'm gonna get an original one from amayama to replace it, but I've heard of people getting a quality universal one fitted and it being fine. I good fitter will know what works

Rides
    As the screen is nicely bonded still could I just clean up around and fit a universal pier seal?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by andrejdms14 View Post
    As the screen is nicely bonded still could I just clean up around and fit a universal pier seal?

If you're getting a full respray, I'd remove the glass. It'll give you a better job and there's a chance that rust is lurking behind it, it's your choice though. Just cutting the old rubber out and bonding a new rubber in would be a bit of a bodge to me, especially if it comes lose on the road and start beating your fresh paintwork

Rides
    Yeh. I know what u mean. I rang a few companies they won't come out just to remove and fit another time. They will only do it on same day. And it's 225 roughly. That's why I thought I'd remove my self and ring to have it re fitted. But don't know how hard it is to remove

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by andrejdms14 View Post
    Yeh. I know what u mean. I rang a few companies they won't come out just to remove and fit another time. They will only do it on same day. And it's 225 roughly. That's why I thought I'd remove my self and ring to have it re fitted. But don't know how hard it is to remove

Where are you based mate? Might know someone who will come whip it out and reinstall

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Find an independent screen fitter and get them to Do it. No one charges 225 to remove a screen.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Where are you based mate? Might know someone who will come whip it out and reinstall

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Pmd u m8