Thread: Looking for S13 chassis information

Rides

Post Looking for S13 chassis information

Hi All,

New here and a prospective new owner of an S13 , in fact that's why I'm here...

I've found a restored chassis for sale which has been fully rust repaired and will need to be rebuilt so a good little project. However there's not much in the way of history with the vehicle, no MOT history that I can find although registered with the DVLA, it's not ideal as I'd want some history trace of the vehicle, even if it's just a couple of years. At the same time though, it's a bare (rolling) shell that's rust free and repainted which I'll be building from the ground up, so mechanical history not being present probably isn't the end of the world.

One of my family works for Nissan so I'm hoping that will turn something up but I was hoping one of you guys/girls might be able to help me and recognise the vehicle;
    REG:
    • L402 LWY (1993)
    • Colour: White
    • UK Spec CA18
    • 6 owner (so hoping one or a friend of one is on here still)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mike
    Last edited by zeroone; 09-03-2021 at 13:41. Reason: clearer title

Rides
    Welcome aboard. I pumped the reg into the MoT checker and it shows nothing like you say, bizarre. Not sure I'd be concerned on MoT history anyway if it's a chassis build.

Rides
    It probably hasn't had and MOT since the computer system so it wont be on there. Or DVSA have lost the details, when they went to the latest online system a couple of years ago they lost a few vehicle details. Some of my previous customers got lost.

Rides
    Cheers Guys. It definitely hasn't been on the road for a while, the guy I'm buying it off said as much - it was off the road before he became the owner and that was 4 years ago. History isn't particularly an issue given it'll be a full chassis build, just nice to know a bit about the cars you buy.