Thread: BM57 brake booster

Rides

BM57 brake booster

Basically wanna know, what does it add over the standard BM50 booster when teamed up with a BM57 master cylinder?
    I have 350mm Evo front brakes and 300mm R33 GTR rear brakes, both with yellowstuff pads.
    Car is mainly street driven so I don't want a super sensitive pedal that'll throw me through the screen just by looking at it.

Anyone have any first hand experience with the difference?

Rides
    Yes I have first hand experience, you should get one.

I had R33 GTR rears with AP Racing CP5555 6-pots and a BM50 and thought it was fine. Switched to BM57 and couldn't belive how much better it was in every way.
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 05-03-2021 at 21:42.

Rides
    Awesome, I had both the MC and Booster ready to go, just wanted to double check before it goes on that i wasn't making a big mistake! Thanks

Rides
    I too can vouch for the BM57 MC, I have R33 fronts and rears and changing to the BM57 was a definitely a good decision a few years back.... could do with a rebuild kit now though, but I can't yet find one.

Rides
    I have R33 fronts on a 330mm big brake kit and R33 rears and I kept the standard master cylinder (BM50). I have never driven one with the BM57 but never found the standard to be lacking so never bothered.
    How is it better? More feel? (I find the feel to be great as it is). Less peddle travel/ effort needed?

Good to get feedback from people who experienced both.