Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ring security floodlight camera

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    A fellow that I work with got the Ring camera/flood light and he is very happy with it. He needed a sensor light anyway and wanted a camera, so that all in one neat solution worked well for him.
    On my gaff I just have an old school 500w skin burning sensor flood light and one of these:

https://reolink.com/__/product/rlc-511w/

There are loads of good camera options out there for around 100 quid. Spoilt for choice.
    After a recent spate of burglaries locally i have been thinking about a couple of wifi security cams for our gaff, this looks good and a 2 camera system (1 for front, 1 for rear) with the local data storage is only £235 delivered. Not bad to add an extra layer of security to a shed full of tools/eqpt and a 5k bike.

Rides
    I'm not convinced that does anything better than the units I use and posted about previously? Apart from cost 3 times the price. Genuinely intrigued to know if there's a reason to spend that much on a WiFi setup (I do get it for more sophisticated setups as detailed by others in the thread).

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    We bought a 4 cam cctv system last year after my car windows were smashed and tyres slashed. Night vision is very good, daytime is perfect hd quality. The camera are mains powered so some drilling was required but they are factory paired to the system management box with the option of up to 4 more cameras. 1tb hdd drive fitted and its proved useful already. If its connected to the router (hardwired on the one I bought) then remote viewing, alerts and zones are all programmable.

All this for a total of about £250. I fitted it all in about an hour. Add to this the led floodlights (4 of around the house) rated at 50w led or 4000 lumens, we are pretty much set for monitoring!
    Last edited by Teggers; 14-03-2021 at 08:16.

Rides
    Lots of people on my local Facebook group complain about Ring doorbells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro