Thread: GTX2863r - Internal or External WG

Rides

GTX2863r - Internal or External WG

I have a GTX2863r 0.64 AR that I'm thinking of putting on my SR but I'm worried about the internal WGs ability to control boost at lower levels. I'm not wanting to run the turbo at full attack as it's an unopened SR so I'm aiming for 14-15psi for high boost and probably 10psi for low boost (8psi actuator spring).

Unopened healthy SR20DET (70k miles)
    Nismo 555cc Injectors (3.5 bar fuel pressure)
    APW equal length bottom mount manifold
    Tomei big capacity elbow
    Z33 MAF
    H-Dev or Nistune ECU (haven't decided)
    Greddy Profec B boost controller
    VAG coil pack conversion

Anyone have any info on whether I'll need to run an external WG to be able to run that low boost with any sort of stability? Last thing I want is to go to get it mapped and have the boost spiking all over the place.
    If I do need to run an external WG, is running it from the exhaust housing ok? Running one on my manifold would be a pain in the arse as there's not really a great place for it and the manifold is Zircotec ceramic coated.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Rides
    It's possible to elarge the internal wastegate port, which is probably what I'd try first as the cost will be minimal.

If that doesn't work then just stick a big external one on the housing like you say.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41288 View Post

If I do need to run an external WG, is running it from the exhaust housing ok? Running one on my manifold would be a pain in the arse as there's not really a great place for it
    Does it have a Stainless steel exhaust housing? if so Then welding to it should be ok, but if it is has a cast iron housing it'll be a world of pain....
    Last edited by hooky; 07-02-2021 at 08:47.