Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SXOC Facebook group

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

SXOC Facebook group

We held off making a proper group as long as we could (possibly too long) but we now have an official sxoc Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/440484569715988

The forum and the information it contains is going nowhere and please continue to post here as before
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Just joined, I was trying to answer the questions when you accepted the request lol. Hope to be a paid up member on here soon too as I want to document a few things on the daily S13

Rides
    Banging choice, the amount of questions that get asked on the selling pages just shows how useful this'll be. Top job.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Thanks guys
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Can i come in, can i come, can i come in??????

I appreciate this may actually be your only chance to get rid of me now so....

Rides
    Too late, oooh this is nice...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Ha, as above this is still the place for info and anything you want to archive but the Facebook page is a quick portal to sxoc shenanigans

Rides
    Who's *****?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Old committee member, well known for being a bit of a c***

He’s actually a top lad but don’t let him know I said that.

Rides
    I haven't been on Bookface in about 6 months and I don't miss it.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I took some time off it the other year, was nice I agree.

Rides
    I took a year and a half off, started using it again at Christmas mainly because there's my chikds first Christmas pics on there. It used to be toxic but if you're just browsing a good group like sxoc it'll be fine.

Rides
    Bout fcuking time!!!!

A decent car group on FB at last, hopefully it can generate more traffic to this site.

Good to see you earning your red name now

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Good to see you earning your red name now
    Way to go ! Bite the hand that feeds you

If Chris wasn't such a nice guy he'd start messing with your settings and block you from the facebook group.

Not that I'm suggesting you should do such a thing, Chris

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sainz View Post
    Who's *****?
    Use the search function on the forum, however it will only return 19 thousand 3 hundred and twenty seven instances of the word C*nt

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    A decent car group on FB at last, hopefully it can generate more traffic to this site.
    Hmm i can see it contributing to the total death of the site eventually.

Unless... we could drive traffic here by insisting all technical information, help and discussion take place on the SXOC - i know this might pee off a lot on FB but the SXOC has a huge database of knowledge and it should be continued.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Unless... we could drive traffic here by insisting all technical information, help and discussion take place on the SXOC - i know this might pee off a lot on FB but the SXOC has a huge database of knowledge and it should be continued.
    Yeah I agree. FB is for idle chatter which makes the site seem "like hardwork for the kids". I've signed up to it but don't think that I will ever use it since I deleted Bookface from my phone about 6 months ago.
    I've been saying this for years that it is a total shame the amount of technical knowledge that has been lost on this site. The age of cheap track slags and drifting to the scrap yard is long over. The club should move towards maintenance, restoration and of course "use" as they are at that age of car now. But a good proportion of how-tos are lost and have broken links. :-(

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post

Wouldn't want to lose all the tech stuff to FB. That needs to stay here with traffic directed as you said. FB isn't setup to deal with the amount of info here

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Yeah I agree. FB is for idle chatter which makes the site seem "like hardwork for the kids". I've signed up to it but don't think that I will ever use it since I deleted Bookface from my phone about 6 months ago.
    I've been saying this for years that it is a total shame the amount of technical knowledge that has been lost on this site. The age of cheap track slags and drifting to the scrap yard is long over. The club should move towards maintenance, restoration and of course "use" as they are at that age of car now. But a good proportion of how-tos are lost and have broken links. :-(
    Sorry to be a gloom and doom merchant but what you are describing is a classic car club. Years ago, a decision was made to turn it into a social club instead (and quite a cliquey one at that) and people moved away from here to Facebook and dropped their membership. The club funds were directed towards a series of loss-making Weekender extravaganzas so that now there is hardly a pot to piss in.

I believe, though I cannot prove, that the servers that underpin the forum would disappear if it wasn't for the generosity of Jim and Co.

If people use the Facebook pages to direct people to interesting content on the forum, footfall (and even membership) could increase but it would still be a long way from being a thriving classic car club IMO.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Sorry to be a gloom and doom merchant but what you are describing is a classic car club. Years ago, a decision was made to turn it into a social club instead (and quite a cliquey one at that) and people moved away from here to Facebook and dropped their membership. The club funds were directed towards a series of loss-making Weekender extravaganzas so that now there is hardly a pot to piss in.

I believe, though I cannot prove, that the servers that underpin the forum would disappear if it wasn't for the generosity of Jim and Co.

If people use the Facebook pages to direct people to interesting content on the forum, footfall (and even membership) could increase but it would still be a long way from being a thriving classic car club IMO.
    Well S13a are classic age now, and S14s, S15s are rocking up behind them in age. I am in a few "classic" car clubs and it's not pipes and slippers. It's Sunday morning blasts, 700mile long weekends away, tech help, some track days, fun time trials, etc. So they are very social and about getting out and using the cars together. (Not that I get a huge amount of time to attend.)
    A site like this costs money to keep going (and alot of time and effort from the admins/mods), and that needs to be driven by memberships fees, or some fund raising method. It's not fair on a few footing the cost to keep the site going. Bookface is free, and even if it redirects some traffic to the site here, I doubt many will be inclined to pay membership as "Sure facebook is free, and I can see it on my phone, why do I need to pay??!" So I just dont see people leaving the convenience of Bookface on a phone to spend much more than a quick look around the site.
    I remember that club decisions and I thought that it was a bit mad- Pissups rather than "SXs". Anyway I don't want to come across as moaning, but it's food for thought as I think something needs to be done so the rest of the tech info/ knowledge/ experience is not lost.

A morning spin with the Pipe and Slippers Brigade before the missus wanted me back for lunch:

Last edited by markcro; 28-01-2021 at 13:28.