Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RX7 prices?

Rides
    The Jag failed its MOT today with a baldy tyre. That's a grand in the hole right there

Rides
    I've accidentally started a debate by the looks of things lol. WOW that's an expensive tyre! The bridgstones on the 13 cost £34 a tyre.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I've accidentally started a debate by the looks of things lol. WOW that's an expensive tyre! The bridgstones on the 13 cost £34 a tyre.
    He's a doddery old pensioner these days and the tyre places see him coming.

Rides
    OK, so to qualify... One on the rear was an advisory. One on the front was a fail - dangerous do not drive. I don't ever buy a single tyre but pair them on the axle so 4 new tyres.

285/30/20s (200+VAT) on the rear limit me to Dunlops pretty much and matching fronts at 255/35/20 (170+VAT) mean an all in price of nearly 900 quids. Add in the 3D alignment so the front doesn't wear ridiculously on the inside and its up to about a grand

Hopefully, once fitted and aligned, it won't be such a skittish, spinny-uppy bastid.

Anyway, RX-7 prices....

RX-8s are cheaper, I hear... (runs and hides).

Rides
    Yeah they're also ugly IMO

Rides
    I do wonder if the RX8 will begin to appreciate once people notice they’re bonkers cheap and drying up.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I do wonder if the RX8 will begin to appreciate once people notice they’re bonkers cheap and drying up.
    It’s never been loved in any scene though. I can’t see it ever being appreciated

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    It’s never been loved in any scene though. I can’t see it ever being appreciated
    But but but! Neela drove one in TFATF Toyko Drift! And it wasn't set up for the way she drove. Maybe she wouldn't have had that problem with a V8...

*Dons flame suit....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    But but but! Neela drove one in TFATF Toyko Drift! And it wasn't set up for the way she drove. Maybe she wouldn't have had that problem with a V8...

*Don's flame suit....
    It was her driving causing that or maybe the pointless rear doors

I have heard it’s meant to be a very capable chassis but it’s just never ‘caught on’

Rides
    An rx8 completely rinsed my M3 on the twisties. Lighter, more direct. Looked fairly standard. Couldn't keep up with his corner speeds or the ability to change direction. On the a road that followed he had no chance when I got upto to peak power/torque delivery

Rides
    The RX-8 could have been a really successful car BUT....

The engines go POP ! because there is a fundamental design flaw.

You can pick one up for £500 simply because it hasn't gone pop yet. The price of a "fixed" one is usually closer to £3000 but its still gonna go pop again

http://www.rx8help.com/the-engine-failure-story.html

When I suggested the RX-8, I assumed this was common knowledge. Sorry.

Rides
    I'm ready to start looking for a car to get now. I've never imported a car before and even though I'm going to use a company it would be nice to know a bit about the process. Do I just tell an importer what I'm after and they give me options of what's out there or do they tell me to find my own car from a list of available cars? I hope that makes sense. Any northern importers ppl can recommend? I'm thing gtr shop if they import non gtrs or jm imports.

Rides
    I've messaged The GTR Heritage Centre and they do import non GTR's as suspected. I'm waiting to hear about a price although I am tempted to try and find a car myself. I take it being able to read Japanese is essential. I'm guessing google translate is probably unpredictable. Can anyone look through online auctions? I'm hoping GTR shop get back to me soon so I don't make a dumb decision.

Rides
    Good as place as any to start getting a feel:
    https://www.facebook.com/JDMAuctionWatch/

Rides
    I didn't buy an R34 GTR for £24,995 before I build my White S14 in 2012 because I didn't want to have a loan.

Woops
    I sold my R34 GTR for 23k in 2010 and my TT6 Supra as a shell for £2k, not to mention the R33 GTR for £16k. I suck at selling cars

When I sold my 34, someone offered me an E46 M3 CSL plus cash and I turned it down

If I sell my S14, they will rocket in value

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Doubt it as they rot faster than RX7's. My brother loves them and his first 2 were very orange. They are like most Mazda's of that era. His latest one is a laugh and you can't help but smile as it screams it's head all the way to 9000rpm, but you quickly realise that you're not actually going anywhere. I've convinced him when the engine blows on his latest one he should just LS it.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    I've messaged The GTR Heritage Centre and they do import non GTR's as suspected. I'm waiting to hear about a price although I am tempted to try and find a car myself. I take it being able to read Japanese is essential. I'm guessing google translate is probably unpredictable. Can anyone look through online auctions? I'm hoping GTR shop get back to me soon so I don't make a dumb decision.
    Id strongly advise speaking to Tobi at SR Autobodies/Autosource, they have just started up and are getting some excellent reviews. Tell Tobes Docwra sent you, he bought my old Silvia convertoble and is a top lad - not sure they will import on your behalf but can certainly give plenty advice
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Christ, I've tried to do business with the GTR Centre twice, once I bought an N1 spoiler described as "needing work" to find it was absolutely and utterly funked. Rotten right the way through and all the foam absolutely saturated with water. Completely unsaveable.

Second time I went to try and have my 32 GTR underside restored to which they quoted 5 figures.

SR Autobodies has a 2 year waiting list, their work is second to none and it's not 5 figures.

+1 for Tobi (and Steve) he's been looking after me recently with bolt kits and what not for mine.
    Last edited by piman2k; 18-02-2021 at 12:33.

Rides
    I bought a 33GTR from the GTR Centre.

It went back to them after a week, was a complete shed.

If your importing, I wouldn't go anywhere other than Jurgen at JM-Imports

Rides
    My pal is currently in the process of importing through TorqueGT. Their customer service has so far been excellent and they only bring over quality examples. Could be worth a look? Not cheap mind you