Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Benefits

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Ash, you’re talking nonsense.

Answer me this, with a yes or no. It’s not a trap, it’s trying to make you understand context.

Is the imposition of the ban on live unprocessed shellfish on the U.K. to the EU, a standard trading condition of any third country to the EU, conditional in anyway on the existence of the pandemic?
    It’s a standard trading condition for any 3rd country. Nothing to do with the pandemic.....

However, using your same arguments. Ireland is a member of the EU, Northern Ireland isn’t. Why aren’t their any customs checks on the border? Because it was negotiated

Now answer this. We used to send unprocessed shellfish to factories in Europe until December 31st. Do you understand how stupid your arguments sound? Fish, Cheese...

You’re talking nonsense. Ask those thousands of people on ventilators whether Brexit has made their lives better or worse and they’d tell you to **** off if they could talk.

Didn’t you work for Vauxhall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200
    It’s a standard trading condition for any 3rd country. Nothing to do with the pandemic.....
    Right. So then is it or is not not fair to say that, since those people have lost an enormous amount (if not all) of their trade because of Brexit, that Brexit has not made their lives better?

Rides
    Right. So then is it or is not not fair to say that, since those people have lost an enormous amount (if not all) of their trade because of Brexit, that Brexit has not made their lives better?
    The ones that haven’t lost their lives or parents to COVID-19.

Everything has a knock on effect

Rides
    Oh my goodness me, it’s cringeworthy watching you squirm around

That’s the closest I’m going to get to a straight and honest answer from you. So I’ll take it.

Rides
    Oh my goodness me, it’s cringeworthy watching you squirm around

That’s the closest I’m going to get to a straight and honest answer from you. So I’ll take it.
    I’m not cringing. It’s just sad you can’t comprehend that people aren’t interested in your rhetoric about how Brexit has made things worse, when they have more pressing issues to worry about.

Nigel Farage has applied for a German passport because his family hold German passports.

Boris Father has applied for French passport.

Rees - Mogg moved his business (well not his business - he’s just an advisor) to Dublin. I could talk all day about how those hypocritical politicians did it for their own benefit. I could tell you I lost my job due to Brexit as my position was moved to Warsaw... it’s not important

My best friend died from Covid-19. My girlfriend is a nurse and she cries because she sees no end. And the best argument you can come up with is the same argument the brexiteers had.... Fish.

Go crawl back under your little stone. You are making yourself look a plank

Rides
    Just to be impartial. It’s like the French kicking up a stink about the fish threatening no deal... when they would have got NO access to British waters.

Stop being so small minded and think about the bigger picture

Rides
    Whether or not anyone is interested is absolutely nothing to do the fact that it’s true, or with squeezing you until you actually made an honest point.

I’m obviously sorry for your circumstances Ash but they’ve literally nothing to do with the point I had to press you to admit as correct.

Rides
    What point? The fisheries are screwed? Can’t export shell fish? Due to Brexit? They wouldn’t have been able to catch it before according to the fishermen.... so how have they lost or won?It would have happened Brexit or no Brexit .

We import 60,000 tonnes of ‘Cheddar Cheese’ a year. Perhaps we should have protected the name ‘Cheddar Cheese’ like the Cornish pastie

Take Ford. Thinking of pulling the Mondeo. Nothing to do with Brexit, Brits wanted German saloon cars (like Audi, Mercedes and BMW) unfortunately not Opel because they produced shite. The market is consumer driven. You are moaning you can’t get good from the EU without paying VAT, buy elsewhere . The market is down due to Covid-19, not Brexit. Once your little mind realises that, move one

Rides
    Edit - you’ve obviously got something else going on so I’ll call it a day for now

Rides
    Edit - you’ve obviously got something else going on so I’ll call it a day for now
    Yes it’s called making sure my girlfriend is happy because she is a nurse. Making sure my friends and family are ok. She as a nurse voted for Brexit, but has more important things to think about apart from where the next fish / oyster or cheese is coming from.

You are so wound up about Brexit you’re like a Timex. Chill dude. There are more important things to think about.

Rides
    Well I decided to change all the lock barrels in my external doors to matching keys....

Went to 5 local locksmiths and none could offer anything over a 1 star yale set......

So started browsing the interwebz and found a German company offering 7 pin antisnap etc etc for reasonable money, so bought them....

I was having sleepless nights about doing business with ze Germans and how the brexit would mean my package getting rectum searched on its way across the border....

And...

It made sod all difference, was no change whatsoever from buying on the continent before brexit, no extra shipping time and as I've been planning to do this for a while, I had been looking on/off for a couple of years - no change in price either...

So to conclude, is it all just much ado about nothing

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    You are so wound up about Brexit you’re like a Timex. Chill dude. There are more important things to think about
    I’m really not. I’m almost enjoying the smugness of watching everything happen that was forecast to, and more.

It’s just unlike you I can differentiate between what’s relevant to the topic and what isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by DLowe
    So to conclude, is it all just much ado about nothing
    Yes, it’s actually all artificial isn’t it. Your singular experience in one product must override the cumulative experiences of countless other customers

The topic is Brexit benefits. This is something you could do before so it hasn’t made your life better.

It wasn’t campaigned as ‘well it won’t make your life worse’.
    Last edited by piman2k; 10-02-2021 at 21:37.

Rides
    I'm just pointing out from my point of view, which may not be the same for yourself....

It's had little to no effect on what dealings I have with Europe, in recent months there has definitely been an increase in UK manufacturing and just this last week I've been involved in recommissiioning the electrical supply into 7 units in tunstall and Congleton which have been derelict for years, so it seems even with a pandemic uk industry is starting again because I'm 1 electrical engineer in a small city, so if the same experience is had my my equivalents around the country then it is a positive.

You keep referring to the "brexit benefits" title, yet just seem to point out a negative at every opportunity, or try to dismiss any opinion which contradicts your point of view.

London and the likes are very probably suffering a lot more than we are, but if you've been in the North of the country for the last 40yrs, that's not really a bad thing for us if some wealth migrates to our little workshops from office blocks full of suited tools

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Rides

Brexit Benefits

I’m really not. I’m almost enjoying the smugness of watching everything happen that was forecast to, and more.

It’s just unlike you I can differentiate between what’s relevant to the topic and what isn’t.

Yes, it’s actually all artificial isn’t it. Your singular experience in one product must override the cumulative experiences of countless other customers

The topic is Brexit benefits. This is something you could do before so it hasn’t made your life better.

It wasn’t campaigned as ‘well it won’t make your life worse’.
    Your topic is Brexit. You’ve been banging on about it for the past year or so oblivious to what is going on around you.

Yes it is all artificial. Just because no one else shares your views that Brexit is the most important topic going. It’s all artificial that people are dying in this country, but Brexit is most important. You must feel so smug telling those people who have lost loved ones. It’s all Brexit fault

Soo. You’ve asked the question so back on you. Smugly. How has Brexit affected you negatively or positively?

Last edited by Asht_200; 10-02-2021 at 23:13.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200
    Just because no one else shares your views that Brexit is the most important topic going. It’s all artificial that people are dying in this country, but Brexit is most important. You must feel so smug telling those people who have lost loved ones. It’s all Brexit fault
    You keep doing this, writing things that I have never written and pass them off as my words. It's actually both irritating and embarrassing.

No where in the topic have I said Brexit is the most important thing in current affairs.

But in plenty of places I have had to highlight that Brexit is independent of the pandemic. Which is irrefutable and absolutely relevant. How you've somehow surmised I'm a "COVID denier" at one point in this discussion is just indicative of how you currently lack the ability to make an honest or coherent argument.

You keep referring to the "brexit benefits" title, yet just seem to point out a negative at every opportunity
    Because the topic is an opportunity for people to show what's better because of this act. No one is holding a gun to your head to read it chap

I'm just pointing out from my point of view, which may not be the same for yourself....

It's had little to no effect on what dealings I have with Europe
    Which is also fine, but again, it's not a benefit of Brexit is it, maintaining the status quo?
    Last edited by piman2k; 11-02-2021 at 07:22.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Im not really seeing why there has to be so much ****ing drivel on the last few pages.

Pi is asking if anyone has seen any benefit from Brexit yet, what has to do with Ashs missus being a nurse I have no idea at all - if you dont want to discuss Brexit benefits then dont post on the thread. Dlowes locks are valid experience but wont be any different as Germands have the same VAT rate as us and locks are not subject to extra checks like food is.
    However is pretty clear that the UK fish and shellfish industry is going to be as near as dammit destroyed and the DTI are advising exporters to set up businesses in Europe, so whats the other side?

At the same time there has been at least one valid benefit pointed out, that we have been able to approve and implement vaccinations more effectively than Europe - when someone makes a valid case youve got to accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Lovely explanation, at least I know it's not my explanation failing.

Just FYI, tho we've moved on from the vaccine approval, my point remains that we didn't do anything that wasn't available to any other country to do. All I would concede now is that Brexit emboldened the UK government to follow a course that wouldn't normally be followed. But to say that no other country could have done what we did remains factually incorrect.

And IMO it's clutching at straws for a Benefit.

Here's an interesting piece from The Mirror about 10 consequences of Brexit so far. Yes the Mirror isn't exactly iron clad in terms of impartiality, but it would be difficult to find error with the bullet points

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ences-23482214
    Last edited by piman2k; 12-02-2021 at 07:06.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Im not really seeing why there has to be so much ****ing drivel on the last few pages.

Pi is asking if anyone has seen any benefit from Brexit yet, what has to do with Ashs missus being a nurse I have no idea at all - if you dont want to discuss Brexit benefits then dont post on the thread. Dlowes locks are valid experience but wont be any different as Germands have the same VAT rate as us and locks are not subject to extra checks like food is.
    However is pretty clear that the UK fish and shellfish industry is going to be as near as dammit destroyed and the DTI are advising exporters to set up businesses in Europe, so whats the other side?

At the same time there has been at least one valid benefit pointed out, that we have been able to approve and implement vaccinations more effectively than Europe - when someone makes a valid case youve got to accept it.
    Vaccines being approved had nothing to do with Brexit. Don’t believe the BS Hancock and et al said. We were able to approve anyways

Hey Nissan have decided to stay in the U.K. Brexit hasn’t affected that.

Rides
    Did you notice how quick Russia were able to get a vaccine out. It wasn’t their fault btw

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Hey Nissan have decided to stay in the U.K. Brexit hasn’t affected that.
    Nissan were already here. The topic isn't about affects, it's about benefits. Maintaining the status quo (after 4 years of uncertainty from Nissan themselves) is not a benefit.