Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Benefits

Rides
    Isn't it the best. But remember, "we've done more than any other country".

If you want another example of how the parliamentary rules in the house are broken, it's right there. The fact he can state that and no one can call bullsh*t on it infuriates me.

He keeps insisting the UK is leading the way, no son, the EU is leading the way.

Rides
    Gavin Williamson is being knighted

The entire topic is wrong, there are benefits to Brexit, they're just for the people in government lol.

Rides
    Well, here we are then.

Raw sewage in the rivers and sea with 50 beaches closed because we can't get the chemicals to treat it, because of Brexit truck driver shortages (note: chemical shortages not affecting anywhere in Europe).

How do we deal with that as a Brexit benefit?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    TBH Id be more worried about tearing up the ECHR, theres only one reason you reduces peoples Human Rights ........
    I did finally manage to get some duty free baccy the other day though, GO BREXIT YAY! :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    The ECHR? wE dOnT nEeD tHeM dOc!

I love how Sunak keeps saying the ECHR defines asylum in a certain way, and Peter Stefanovic keeps tearing him a new one.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Well, here we are then.

Raw sewage in the rivers and sea with 50 beaches closed because we can't get the chemicals to treat it, because of Brexit truck driver shortages (note: chemical shortages not affecting anywhere in Europe).

How do we deal with that as a Brexit benefit?
    How do you come to the conclusion it is a Brexit truck driver shortage? There are other factors that have nothing to do with Brexit

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    I think this says it all TBH:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2021304.html

Had to check it wasnt April 1st, unfortunately not.
    Just come back to have a look at this thread.

I totally agree about being shocked re: not being April 1st - just goes to show how out of touch some people are. This country has had 50 years to get used to decimalisation. Children who are the future are taught in decimal. Only a few sentimental will benefit. What next? Pounds shilling pence (with a d)?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    How do you come to the conclusion it is a Brexit truck driver shortage? There are other factors that have nothing to do with Brexit
    Because it's obvious and widely reported

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mical-shortage

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Because it's obvious and widely reported

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mical-shortage
    That is just a stupid headline. The real reason for truck driver shortages are people retiring , no HGV training and tests due to Covid-19

Road Haulage association said 50% of the shortage was due to COVID-19

Rides
    I think the biggest cause of shortages is kids no longer thinking its cool or even an acceptable path to have a job actually working and not sitting in front of a screen all day...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    I think the biggest cause of shortages is kids no longer thinking its cool or even an acceptable path to have a job actually working and not sitting in front of a screen all day...

I know. My nephew's ambition is to be a "Youtuber"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    That is just a stupid headline. The real reason for truck driver shortages are people retiring , no HGV training and tests due to Covid-19
    Wow.

Rides
    Although, buisness is absolutely booming round here, for the first time since I left school more factories and manufacturing has opened than closed down....

We're jon stop upgrading electricity supplies for more buisness and installing new.

As much as people hate to say it, from where I'm sitting its been great for people who want do more than push a mouse round for a living

Rides
    Lol, it's difficult to form any sort of meaningful retort when you're only looking at such a narrow sliver of the UK.

Rides
    We cover almost 70% of the country as the biggest electricity distribution network operators......

This is happening across all areas, a massive increase in demand and most for manufacturing.

Also a huge increase in housing developments and building sites in general over the last 4 yrs.

It's not a slither, it's most of the pie..... just so happens to be the most deprived areas that are benefiting for a change

Rides
    Another positive...

I have been to 2 companies last week that have been setup and are thriving where almost all the employees used to work for huge European companies, one manufacturing windows, one making steel fabrications, that due to whatever brexit bulllshit thier employers made the job way more difficult but are now paying themselves better and the products are cheaper so have took over most of the local buisness that the mega corporation had before.

That is a real positive for all involved, apart from the mega wealthy owners they never met before and brought no real benefit to the area.

Rides
    Okie dokie, so you have two factories there doing well. Which is great and I am genuinely warmed to hear it.

They're not indicative of the country. Housebuilding has not jumped up because of Brexit. The rate remains relatively unchanged.

Going back to your factories, will their combined output now fill the £31bn economic gap as of June?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2098289.html

What would you say to the the entire UK fishing industry is failing because of Brexit paperwork?

https://www.fishfarmermagazine.com/n...s-brexit-woes/

How about the fact the general exchange of goods to the EU is down 14% across the country as an industry average?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...goods-services

What about the labour shortage in truck drivers, nurses, vets, skilled butchers etc?

How about the 4% reduction in GDP so far that's attributed to Brexit, do you know that'll knock onto government spending, pension funds etc?

Rides
    Just to add to this, the OBR, the governments own source, says that Brexit is now forecast strongly to cost the UK £100bn a year.

Rides
    Cost whom 100bn?

The profits of huge company's and thier directors?

A small increase in some products seems worthwhile to me if your now able to earn significantly more as a working tradesman.

Unfortunately now the mess of the ukraine war and the rip off energy crisis will **** things beyond all reason..... but I suppose that will be brexits fault too...

From our companies enquiries its well in excess of 1000 factories requiring upgraded just in Staffordshire.... and home building might not be on the rise in those reports, I have personally connected 10 new housing estates at HV so far this year, and that's just in my little patch of Newcastle under lyme, every other area in our office is equally as busy.... it has NEVER in my 20yrs sparking been so busy.

There is now non stop meetings about not been able to generate enough to keep up with demand, a stark contrast to the early 00s when they were trying to decide what power stations could be kept open...

Believe whatever you need to from the media, I have seen and been/continue to be involved with places that are thriving and have only really seen positives

Rides
    You can't keep talking about housing as a Brexit benefit when it has always been under supplied, so unless you've got some piece of data to connect our leaving the EU with a sudden eruption in housing demand then your point is utterly moot.

Drawing a comparison to the early 00's is equally moot.