Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Benefits

Rides
    I don't think there is any peer reviewed / broadly supported paper showing that vaccines were "no where near as good/effective/tested as they claimed to have been".

Also nothing to do with Brexit, AGAIN, DLowe.

Please, please, please, don't go down the avenue that we rolled out the vaccine faster than the EU because of Brexit. You have already been shown this to be demonstrably untrue, several times, in this very thread.

Rides
    Nothing to do with Brexit, but the topic has been raised. It will be interesting what the COVID inquiry finds, although I still have some skepticism following other inquiries.

Questions that need answering.

1: was the UK unprepared for a pandemic, because all of it's resources were planning for Brexit?
    2. Were the measures deployed, worth it?
    3. With our Lockdown and vaccine strategy.... why did the UK have one of the highest death rates? Or did we? Was it misreported?
    4. What can we learn from it?

Rides
    Well, your first question was a hot topic yesterday where Matt Hancock's statement that no deal Brexit preparations really interfered in the pandemic response strategy.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-covid-inquiry

Imagine that, someone's political toy may very well have taken priority over making sure the UK could be prepared for a pandemic.

Rides
    Of course I haven't had a vaccine ......

I'm just pointing out that what we are told doesn't always turn out to be right when the issue calms....

We were threatened with getting sacked, not getting treatments at hospitals, no travel etc. All because the people who advise said it was best, and I'm sure the same will pan out for brexit the people who are advising are biased in someway and that's why whats advised and most reported is what we see.

America is now rife with claims against vaccine manufacturers for heart and clot issue's all of which we were told was not a problem at the time.

So it's logical to apply the same to brexit, what we are being told is not or is a problem is likely not the case or exaggerated to mach the narrative or intrests of the people reporting, and if most news and political reportees wanted to remain then it shall be biased towards that end, and the facts will be made to fit.

If you ignore the news, your life isn't any worse than it was before.... the cost of living crisis is getting experienced in every country and is as likely be due to covid and war as it is to brexit. European food costs are just as high as ours. My friends in New Zeland say that it's as bad there as here, they haven't been impacted by brexit but feel just as poor as we do.

The emotional impact looks far worse than the real impact from where I'm sitting

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Of course I haven't had a vaccine ......
    The least surprising thing I've read all year

I'm just pointing out that what we are told doesn't always turn out to be right when the issue calms....
    You're actually not. All you're doing is pointing out that you didn't have a vaccine, but that hundreds of millions of people globally did, and now said disease is significantly less likely to kill people. Almost as if there's a correlation

So it's logical to apply the same to brexit
    No, it isn't. Because we have already established that if one side of an argument is full of lies (Brexit benefits, COVID is microchips and will track your whereabouts) then there is no reason to consider the other half valid

It's also important to note that never was any C-19 vaccine listed as being risk free. The situation was that the risks were deemed to be outweighed by the benefits and tragically a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of people were affected adversely. It is terrible, but statistically insignificant.

If you ignore the news, your life isn't any worse than it was before....
    But the news isn't the thing making your life bad

If you have cancer and ignore the warning signs, your life isn't any worse than if you acknowledged the signs, but that doesn't mean you don't have cancer

cost of living crisis is getting experienced in every country and is as likely be due to covid and war as it is to brexit.
    Except again it isn't Germany may have higher inflation than the UK but that is entirely down to them having higher energy dependency on Russia.

In the years post Brexit and pre-war, the British economy remained the slowest recovering economy of any G20 country. This is not up for debate, it is a written, demonstrable fact. Which means, if inflation and covid affected everyone but Britain still did worse, there must be something extra going on that only affected the UK. I wonder what that could have been?

The emotional impact looks far worse than the real impact from where I'm sitting
    To be fair you appear to spend your life in a black box and barely leaving your town. So I don't know if that statement carries any weight
    Last edited by piman2k; 14-06-2023 at 11:23.

Rides
    You say living in a black hole....

But the reality for the vast majority of people is there has been no noticeable change, other than a different que at the airport and a stamp on the passport for thier holiday once a year.

We still get up, go work, get ripped off... in or out is of little consequence for most peoples day to day life.

There are not many people in wthe country as a whole who have concerns about retiring to Spain or having the freedom go work in France etc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe
    But the reality for the vast majority of people is there has been no noticeable change
    What vast majority of people is this, since you continue to profess that you barely leave your home town

Everyone has been affected, mostly everyone for the worse, by Brexit. If those people don't understand how, then their inability to recognise it (or possibly even their ignorance, who knows) doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

We already have reliable data to show that the average family is £250 a year worse off in food bills, £470 a year worse off in real terms salary because of inflation (driven through Brexit), more expensive food imports and a whopping great big hole in the value of the trade that we did before Brexit vs what we do now.

You can't argue with these because they're facts, but facts don't interest you do they?

We still get up, go work, get ripped off... in or out is of little consequence for most peoples day to day life.
    That's not Brexit, that's National Government. Want better? Vote differently.

There are not many people in wthe country as a whole who have concerns about retiring to Spain or having the freedom go work in France etc
    And while you may be right, those are not the only people that have been affected
    Last edited by piman2k; 14-06-2023 at 12:15.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    We were threatened with getting sacked, not getting treatments at hospitals, no travel etc. All because the people who advise said it was best, and I'm sure the same will pan out for brexit the people who are advising are biased in someway and that's why whats advised and most reported is what we see.
    This makes me pretty angry TBH. IF you compare mortality rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated its undeniable that the vaccines were successful, see also infection rate reductions immediately following lockdowns.
    Yet you still get utter tools talking like the vaccine was a bad thing, at one point we were seeing 13K deaths a week FFS. Thats the "facts made to fit" is it?

America is now rife with claims against vaccine manufacturers for heart and clot issue's all of which we were told was not a problem at the time.
    Rife? Theres a class action suit with 75 plaintiffs against AZ that actually details the fact millions of people had the vaccine without side effects.
    I guess thats what happens if you ignore the news, your life may not get worse but you look like an idiot who doesnt know whats hes talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Don't let him make you angry doc, he just spurts absolute spurious nonsense because he needs to feel like he's not completely at odds with reality

I already raised with him that hundreds of millions of people took the vaccine and the disease then dropped in it's fatality rate almost exponentially, and he just ignored it

To say America is rife with lawsuits is laughable, he literally just makes stuff up
    Last edited by piman2k; 14-06-2023 at 13:39.

Rides
    Lol, what a load of idioic claptrap. "It's not bad here, so it's not bad anywhere" "It's only another queue and a stamp in your passport"

Where's the positives?? Where's all the good stuff were were PROMISED??

We were supposed to benefit from this, we were told things would be better for everyone.

Rides
    It's no claptrap to see uk manufacturing starting again, it's good to see a revival of small independent companies.

The vaccine was undoubtedly good for high risk individuals, but it was not presented to the general public with all the risks it carried and if you believe it was tested properly and not "rushed" or results manipulated to get it out then your in a fantasy.

When the amount of money involved is as astronomical as was with the vaccine then there is absolutely no way buisness is conducted straight up, morality goes out the window.

Russel Brands channel on Rumble has some good content regarding corruption in WHO and big pharmaceutical companies around the pandemic.

I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti rush..... even Jeremy Vine caught out some health consultant on Radio 2 when he acknowledged it was the biggest medical experiment ever with millions of public test subjects and the US trial has had one of the senior women from phizer take the stand and say it was not tested to the expected standards.

But that's not brexit..... what it is tho is "experts" not being totally straight with information and advising the government and public in ways that they will benefit from greatly and not letting the general public make thier own minds up...

And if its not used as manipulation, then why when it's known that having a vaccine or not made no difference whatsoever to your likelihood of transmitting it to someone else would you have to be banned from transport or holidays or be threatened with losing your job for not having one?

Rides
    I think the only one living in a fantasy here is you chap

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    This makes me pretty angry TBH. IF you compare mortality rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated its undeniable that the vaccines were successful, see also infection rate reductions immediately following lockdowns.
    Yet you still get utter tools talking like the vaccine was a bad thing, at one point we were seeing 13K deaths a week FFS. Thats the "facts made to fit" is it?
    Agree - problem we had in this country is after the lockdowns were lifted, all the Dinlows thought they could just go out and party - the facts and figures showed there was a definite spike in infections after the lifting of restrictions. I wonder if the inquiry will identify that much of the issues Britain faced during the pandemic was due to the stupidity of the public interestingly the same public who vote)

Quote Originally Posted by docwra
    Rife? Theres a class action suit with 75 plaintiffs against AZ that actually details the fact millions of people had the vaccine without side effects.
    I guess thats what happens if you ignore the news, your life may not get worse but you look like an idiot who doesnt know whats hes talking about.
    The class action suits - Moderna, J & J, Pfizer - but this is likely to be more indicative of US compensation culture.

Read this

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litiga...it-2022-10-12/

The thing is any vaccine can have side effects - its how a vaccine works. fools the immune system and triggers an immune response

Rides
    The vaccine was undoubtedly good for high risk individuals, but it was not presented to the general public with all the risks it carried and if you believe it was tested properly and not "rushed" or results manipulated to get it out then your in a fantasy.

When the amount of money involved is as astronomical as was with the vaccine then there is absolutely no way buisness is conducted straight up, morality goes out the window.

Russel Brands channel on Rumble has some good content regarding corruption in WHO and big pharmaceutical companies around the pandemic.

I'm not anti-vax, I'm anti rush..... even Jeremy Vine caught out some health consultant on Radio 2 when he acknowledged it was the biggest medical experiment ever with millions of public test subjects and the US trial has had one of the senior women from phizer take the stand and say it was not tested to the expected standards.
    Of course the vaccine wasn't tested as thoroughly a previous vaccines, but the pandemic was unprecedented - there would always be a risk analysis.

You are misrepresenting what the Pfizer spokesperson said. She actually stated it was not fully tested with regards to slowing down transmission of the virus, but an assumption was made that it would.

But that's not brexit..... what it is tho is "experts" not being totally straight with information and advising the government and public in ways that they will benefit from greatly and not letting the general public make thier own minds up...
    No it isn't. It is actually Government spokespeople ireinterpreting the facts and giving the public a distorted view - much-like the Brexit bus
    Strange how Brexit fuelled inflation has totally eroded the billions the taxpayer would save (according to the Brexit bus)
    Last edited by Asht_200; 15-06-2023 at 14:04.

Rides
    Need to edit your post Ash and extract your reply from the quote.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Need to edit your post Ash and extract your reply from the quote.

Rides
    Still missed a bit lol

Rides
    Here's an interesting one, turns out there are not just less seasonal EU workers in the UK but also less UK seasonal workers in the EU (leisure, tourism etc).

https://inews.co.uk/news/boris-johns...iament-2416211

Mostly attributed to:

Since the UK’s withdrawal from the bloc, it costs travel companies an additional £880 to recruit each UK worker in France, while many other member states have no viable entry routes for UK staff.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    If you believe it was tested properly and not "rushed" or results manipulated to get it out then your in a fantasy.
    Im sorry, but who in the ever loving fcuk are you to make a statement like that? What do you know about medical testing? You cant even use the correct "youre" in sentence FFS.

Youre talking about global companies that develop medicines, how exactly do they avoid regulation? Just send it out the back door in an unmarked transit and hope no-one notices?

why when it's known that having a vaccine or not made no difference whatsoever to your likelihood of transmitting it to someone else
    If it prevents a person from contracting it then it prevents that person from transmitting it as well. How anyone can fail to understand that is pretty fcuking scary.

This is why I get angry. Either DLowe - with no medical or scientific background whatsoever - is making this shit up, or someone else who is equally as wrong is saying it and he (and loads of other people) repeat it as it fits with their conspiracy ideas.
    Whichever, misinformation like this can actually kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    To be fair Doc, misinformation has killed people in the pandemic, I know there were many reports of the Black and Asian communities being particularly targeted and thus avoiding the vaccine.

It's just the same old same old, DLowe has made his conclusions about Brexit and COVID, and now just looks for the information that confirms what he thinks.

We established many, many pages ago that he has no ability to critically think.