Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    Not round here..... closer to 20k,
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe
    the cheapest reasonable electric car choice costing double the average wage
    Right. Your point is still bollocks.

2 x 20 does not equal 22.5 or 30.

Edit - your local paper has the average salary in Stoke at 24k

https://www.payscale.com/research/UK...rdshire/Salary

Maybe you should move. See the world. Or the next town.
    Last edited by piman2k; 19-05-2023 at 14:06.

Rides
    Personal experience we have a couple electric renult vans, now at 10yrs old...

A full charge does around 25 miles.... not great at all, battery replacement is not economic as they cost more than the vans worth.

Tesla in real world are doing about 220 miles from our company car range, £36 to charge on our own company quick chargers (users are billed and claim back milage expenses).

No battery no matter how good it is maintains its performance over a decade and when they do start to fail its a rapid decline.

They have not been around long enough to see the true second hand value and costs to maintain.

Yes ferrari are 20x average wage, but how is that relevant the government haven't made a target to get you in a ferrari, they have however made a target worldwide to get you in an electric car and have yet to offer a viable alternative

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    And there it is, again:

Personal Experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlowe
    Yes ferrari are 20x average wage, but how is that relevant
    Because, I remind you yet again that you said:

the cheapest reasonable electric car choice costing double the average wage
    which is bollocks.

And then went on to compare to premium cars.

Now we are done with this little voyage into your fantasy land, how about answering this post?

Rides
    I said a reasonable car.... a smart car or ami isn't going to do well serving a family of 3 or 4

Certainly isnt going to take you on a day trip or holiday.

And they are not affordable for the average person.

And when they start to become the only option we will all have fun in the dark and regular power cuts to sustain the dream

And I'm sure you will be happy to hear that stoke is still doing well with yet more industrial sites getting the go ahead.

I have connected 3 new big developments up so far this month and have another upgrade to do on Sunday so still yet to see the decline from leaving

Last edited by DLowe; 19-05-2023 at 16:11.

Rides
    WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING SHIT?

What's not reasonable about the Mazda MX30, the MG 5, the MG4 or the Nissan Leaf?

All far below double your magical moving average salary.

You say something that's bollocks, I call you out and then you add caveats to what you say to shift the goal posts.

It's absolutely pathetic.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    I
    I have connected 3 new big developments up so far this month and have another upgrade to do on Sunday so still yet to see the decline from leaving
    35 pages in and it's still "I'm alright Jack". Which we have told you over and over again and yet you still tout as some sort of positive.

You are so impossibly stupid it beggars belief.

Rides
    You did the job you are paid for and that's a sign everything in the wider economy is hunky dory, are you for real??

Rides
    Obviously not.....

But as I said industry here is booming, people are employed (not well paid, but employed) and there are lots and lots of opportunities that have never been there before.

Unlike piman I can sympathise with his position and yes it probably is a shitter if your in the car industry or banking etc, but the fact is as I drive round my city I'm seeing more opportunities and more employment.

We keep coming back to his "I'm OK jack" statement and I'm not saying brexit has benefits for the whole country I'm saying it seems to have had a positive effect in my area and no amount of Internet postings or facts pulled from newspaper will change what I experience.

He seems to be getting more and more upset as I don't agree with everything he pulls out and won't change my mind, but why would I change any opinion when from my perspective its better than it has been for over 20yrs.

I'm sat now in Chesterton connecting a factory which will provide a few 100 jobs for the locals and this has been happening non stop for last 12 months. So sorry for appreciating the buisness in my locality and it does such if your patch is going the other way

Rides
    We keep coming back to his "I'm OK jack" statement and I'm not saying brexit has benefits for the whole country I'm saying it seems to have had a positive effect in my area and no amount of Internet postings or facts pulled from newspaper will change what I experience.
    You have once again blown my mind.

Also, I'm not upset, I'm frustrated with your inability to have an honest discussion.

Rides
    I am honest,

From my position there seems very little that has changed for the worse but a lot of positives..... I've never said any different, never said it was food for the whole country, certainly didn't say it was good for you, but I see growth and employment and so far as I hear when I talk to the people behind the developments it's because they can now compete with cheap Europen imports.

Ibstock bricks are selling more than ever as the cheap German ones aren't getting in.

Spanish tiles are no longer cheap at tile mountain and there's ques of people outside HR Johnson to buy them local, never used to be the case.

Warehousing and industrial units are popping up weakly and people are in them working.

Building sites are rife and full of people employed.

Even the pubs seem to have more customers.

I honestly haven't seen a negative, I hear people co.plain about ques at airports..... so what?? So you have to wait a little longer once a year when you go abroad....

We can't get fresh veg from Spain.... so what?? Buy some seasonal from the farm shop...

I want be able go live abroad when I retire and just come back for health care..... so what?? If its so good piss off over there now

I can't work abroad..... so what?? If it means that much to you, fill the forms in and frig off there.

I've haven't had it so good in 20yrs, neither have most people intract with so we can make some hay while the sun shines for once instead of watching all our heritage close for abroad

Rides
    Everything about your latest reply just reinforces the stereotype of the typical Brexit supporter, and double reinforces the "I'm all right Jack" we keep telling you about.

Telling someone that if they don't like it here they should just leave the country is neither useful, practical or reasonable.

And to flip your argument as you so often try with me, where is your proof that this remarkable economic activity, aka 'change for the better', is a result of Brexit?

Rides
    Absolutely none, but so far as I see it's also not responsible iether...

What is so wrong with the I'm alright jack anyway..... its been absolutely fine in the past for everyone who benefitted from cheap euro goods and labour, so why not now for others to have a turn?

The world's a shitter, to grab opportunity when it is there is not unreasonable.

You may well be on a downturn in the south, London, people who deal with import and export etc.....

But for people who have had no opportunity for years to now have chance to earn a bit, of course they will take it.

And again, it doesn't really effect me, I do very well regardless, but I do work and interact every day with people who are doing better and I am happy for them, whatever the future holds with brexit or pandemic or cashless society or whatever.... when the sun shines then people can or should take advantage.

Rides
    I'm not enduring a downturn 'in the south'. And that is exactly the point you don't get, for the 50th time. Some of us had the mindset to not just vote for themselves, my concerns and data are national basis, not just what directly affects me. Because unlike the average Brexiteer, I voted using education and what I perceived would be best for the nation.

Not what would just tickle my balls.

Why would you keep talking about all this growth in your industry if you don't believe it's as a result of Brexit? In a Brexit thread.

Rides
    Let's be very clear because in your infinite wisdom you appear to be having a different conversation to me.

I am happy for anyone having a good and prosperous time. I will never knock that. No one would.

But the topic is Brexit advantages. So if you're not going to claim any of these folk are doing better BECAUSE of Brexit then they are all completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Rides
    I'm probably not overly elequant in my writing...

But I'm not arguing a brexit from my personal standpoint as in have "I" benefitted, as I haven't, I haven't really lost iether.....

I'm just trying to put the argument across from the perspective of my friends and people I meet, the majority of which did vote to leave and when looked at from thier shoes it seems to be not too bad thus far...

I fully agree from a totally national perspective we are not as well off as we were in, however I do t think we should have become so intwined in the first place.... a position I had no say in, but one we dealt with.....

And I take the view now that its a position my vote had no say in really, its just where we fi d ourselves.

I believe that following recent global events we would all be worse off and getting shat on by big buisness and the government, I really don't believe that brexit plays much of an effect on the general state of the UK at the moment, we would be just as bad off in, but there would be another convenient place to blame the situation..... possibly even that we remained should the vote have gone that way.

For me personally you seem very very hung up on how the vote went, very unwilling to accept the situation we are in and look to find every way possible to shed a negative light on an outcome you didnt like, whereas I've accepted it, look for positives where possible and am willing to just get on with my life and take any opportunity presented as there was not may before and there still aren't so get what you can while the getting good

Rides
    If you don't believe that Brexit has anything to do with the state of the nation as it is today, with the lowest economic growth in the G7, with a 5.5% reduction in GDP, being the only major economy that has not returned to pre-pandemic levels of economic output, then there's really nothing anyone can do for you.

I am negative about it because it has brought, even by your own admission, no tangible benefits, only negatives. There are very few industries that can honestly say they are thriving as a result of the changes made by Brexit.

The other reason I am negative about it is that it hit my industry in 2016, in 2020 and now is at risk of savaging it in 2024 if the government don't make good on the promises they made in 2016.

Rides
    Which is why we seem to be polar opposite as the electricity supply industry is absolutely booming....

I can see your point of view, but I can not ignore mine.

I am sure brexit has played a part, but with the other shit that's gone down they have all stacked up to a shower.

And remain or leave or whatever your opinion is it looks pretty clear to me that any issues such as passport checking or import of goods paperwork is purposely been made a ball ache to prove some kind of point.. .

In the EU your passport still had to be checked to go anywhere, just now it gets stamped, in the computer age we live in there should be no additional delay. I went amsterdam, they checked I looked like the picture, scanned it and let me through..... exactly the same process as when I went Prague when we were in the EU...

The process is no different, just the staffing levels have changed, why?? To make the UK look like its caused an issue bigger than it needs be.

The same as importing goods, there is no reasonable reason for delays, every shipment was checked before, make sure it wasn't full of cocaine / guns etc.... so other than an extra form to be put in a computer before ha d there is no reasonable reason for a delay.

Obviously there are tax implications, but if the import and export duty is such an deal breaker, why is the traffic as bad or worse than it was 4yrs ago?? There's still plenty going in and out.

Rides
    No.

You are just so wrong about so many things.

The Auto industry is doing just fine. As of next year it will struggle, nay, it make collapse because the rules that the U.K. decided to not follow will finally kick in.

No, every shipment coming into the U.K. from the EU was not checked pre Brexit.

No, the EU is not making a point by setting an example with the U.K. It is doing what it does for every country that isn't a member.

A major stumbling block in this conversation is the confidence with which you type despite the fact that you really don't understand the subject matter.

And this is exactly how we ended up leaving.

I have a 5am start so I'm out for today. I don't know why I do this to myself.

Rides
    It's not confidence in what I type, its confidence in what I see and interact with.

I very much trust my own eyes and experience over what is published.

I can't comment on news of reports pulled from the Internet, everything has some kind of bias... however I can comment on what I experience and that is all this has been, my narrative to how I see things daily.

My interactions are over all positive. If I moved house, change job, decide I want to move to Spain then this could all change, but from what I go about my daily routine doing its not much different at all.... prices have increased, although from what I have read no worse than anywhere else.... I have a good friend who lives in New Zeland who assures me its just as bad there.

So like I say, relax a bit, worry about what does you... try to improve your situation and accept the fact that what will be wil be. And no matter what you do we have at least another 5 or even 10 years before anything settles and we get a true outlook on what has happened, be it for the good or the bad.

I guarantee you one thing tho, you or I or no one we have ever met shall have no influence whatsoever on how the next few years pan out, so make of it what you can

Rides
    Oh will you just fuk off.