Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Benefits

Rides
    I haven't met a Brexit voter for many, many months at least. I can't remember the last one I did.

I know there has been a significant change of opinion if you believe the polls now that the consequences of it are clear, but the government still use the pandemic as an excuse when there is demonstrable OBR data (see above) showing it's not the pandemic that's squashing us.

Rides
    Fact is brexit was doomed from the minute it was conceived, cutting ties with our biggest and closest trading partners was a shot in the foot and we are paying the price for that stupid decision, it’s not covid, it’s not Russia, its brexit that’s causing these economic issues.
    Last edited by sx rider; 09-11-2022 at 16:01.

Rides
    Well it is Russia too. Prices all all over Europe have gone mental thanks to Russia. Some samall businesses have closed here due to engergy prices, thanks to Russia. Grrr!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Not met him, but DLOWE
    Never said I supported it...... just trying to balance the argument....

But again.... do we really think it would be any better, less of a rip off if we were still in?

I believe there would just be another way found to keep us down if we were, the world at the moment is totally bolloxed

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    But again.... do we really think it would be any better, less of a rip off if we were still in?
    Oh my actual god

You've literally got pages and pages of links showing the UK's economic performance has taken a battering because of Brexit. It's demonstrable, it's rated against the performance of the rest of the EU (which means it's rated against the Ukraine war) and includes an offset for the rest of the world marked against the pandemic.

And you STILL say "do we really think it would be better if we were still in".

You're like a cultist!

Quote Originally Posted by DLowe
    I believe there would just be another way found to keep us down if we were
    We weren't down, we ARE down now
    Last edited by piman2k; 10-11-2022 at 09:08.

Rides
    Yea we'd still have problems, but not as many and not ones so difficult to solve.

There is literally no solution to Brexit problems, it's now just a millstone round our neck we have to endure.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    There is literally no solution to Brexit problems, it's now just a millstone round our neck we have to endure.
    Correct, absolutely spot on.

It is just a shitty river that we now have to accept for the rest of (most of) our lives.

Rides
    https://www.ft.com/content/aa5ad4fc-...a-bba46d4c6197

The super awesome mega radical UKCA mark, you know, that monstrous waste of time to recertify everything with a 'CE' mark has been delayed yet again due to overwhelming rejection from industry.

"Industry groups have repeatedly rejected the UKCA mark as burdensome, expensive and impractical"

It will never be implemented, not that it had any value anyway.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    https://www.ft.com/content/aa5ad4fc-...a-bba46d4c6197

The super awesome mega radical UKCA mark, you know, that monstrous waste of time to recertify everything with a 'CE' mark has been delayed yet again due to overwhelming rejection from industry.

"Industry groups have repeatedly rejected the UKCA mark as burdensome, expensive and impractical"

It will never be implemented, not that it had any value anyway.
    Sooner they scrap it the better. It's causing huge disruption in industry!

Rides
    I think you mean that industry just needs to grow up and accept that we now have control over our standards. Because they definitely wouldn't introduce something for the sake of it, would they...

Rides
    Also remember that on Thursday, when the budget appears that will effectively raise everyone's taxes in a hope to rescue the economy, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad had we remained in the EU. 4% GDP is not to be trifled with.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    TBH when after 23 pages the only significant benefit we have come up with is Duty Free and every financial/economic commentator confirms its damaging the country's economy Id probably go with "yes"
    Remember we had a Minister for Brexit opportunity for 8 months or so? The only "opportunity" he came up with was changing the frequency of signage in the Dartford Tunnel FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Getting out of Europe was so we could be ripped off. There is a reason why its called "Rip Off Britain"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Remember we had a Minister for Brexit opportunity for 8 months or so? The only "opportunity" he came up with was changing the frequency of signage in the Dartford Tunnel FFS.
    Are you being serious? How much of a golden handshake did he get?

We are talking 10s of thousands - discounting Liz Truss payday... for being their offices for barely 2 months

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Here we go, 9 Brexit benefits listed by the Minister for Brexit opportunity https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the...c-and-pitiful/

In order:
    Rip up environmental legislation
    Vacuum cleaner power (woo!)
    Rip up drug and agrochemical testing legislation
    Let 17 year olds drive lorries
    Faster electric bikes (woo again!)
    Fasttrack training for paramedics and pharmacists, what used to take 4 years now takes 3!
    Remove temporary worker rights
    Reduce holiday pay

Like I said, if thats the best he could come up with in 8 months ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    And to make that even more hilarious, he didn't actually come up with them himself. Early this year he wrote to readers of "The Sun" to list all the benefits they could think of and then compiled them into his own list.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/176035...on-abolished/4

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Here we go, 9 Brexit benefits listed by the Minister for Brexit opportunity https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the...c-and-pitiful/

In order:
    Rip up environmental legislation
    Vacuum cleaner power (woo!)
    Fasttrack training for paramedics and pharmacists, what used to take 4 years now takes 3!
    Remove temporary worker rights
    Reduce holiday pay

Like I said, if thats the best he could come up with in 8 months ..........
    Look tell me if I am being dumb, but I fail to see any benefit

So does that mean we get drugged up 17 year old Lorry drivers?

So less well trained paramedics to help with all the accidents the faster ebikes cause

You couldn't make it up

Rides
    And to make that even more hilarious, he didn't actually come up with them himself. Early this year he wrote to readers of "The Sun" to list all the benefits they could think of and then compiled them into his own list.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/176035...on-abolished/4
    I didn't really need to click that to remember who the "Minister for Brexit" was - The Right Honorable Victorian

Rides
    It's not about who he is Ash. It's pointing out that he didn't even make the list himself. He asked readers of the sun to make it.

Rides
    It's not about who he is Ash. It's pointing out that he didn't even make the list himself. He asked readers of the sun to make it.
    It is about who he is.... I should have known. The guy is a right honorable bell end