Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Benefits

Rides
    That's nothing to do with the great state of the nation we have as a part of this magnificent decision to venture out on our own.

What is awesome with this gift that keeps on giving is this marvelous reduction in EU/UK trade, reported again by the ONS. Reductions of almost 41% of exports. Fabulous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56370690

People think it's a headline right now, give it a few months for it to catch up with them and see what happens....

Rides
    I wonder how all the fishermen are feeling now? Those that sailed down the Thames to trumpet the leave campaign.

Rides
    It's spectacular isn't it. Farage, who was on the front of one of those ships, has completely distanced himself from the industry. From everything in fact.

And there's a noticeable trend of "patriotism" on LinkedIN and Social Media trying to encourage people to buy British because it's the "right thing to do" to support the industry.

The fisherman are crying they were "mislead" and "had no idea about the bans". Well, you weren't mislead. You were told from day one what would happen. And you're not suffering a ban. You're subject to the same rules as all third countries now.

It's almost like they didn't know what they were voting for.

Rides
    It's poor form to make fun of people and businesses who are going through a tough time, but when it comes to fishermen they deserve absolutely everything they get.
    It was often mentioned how much noise was made from an industry that was so small, they shouted the loudest and they got what they wanted.

Far too late to be crying about it now, more fool them for making such a drastic choice without bothering to think of the consequences.
    Might even be some nice little coastal properties become available, as the work dries up and they're forced to move elsewhere.

Rides
    I guess the only thing we should be careful of is insinuating that all fishermen voted to Leave, which they didn't. But it would appear the majority polled did.

They had their chance to get educated.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Who's Meghan?
    Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    That's nothing to do with the great state of the nation we have as a part of this magnificent decision to venture out on our own.

What is awesome with this gift that keeps on giving is this marvelous reduction in EU/UK trade, reported again by the ONS. Reductions of almost 41% of exports. Fabulous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56370690

People think it's a headline right now, give it a few months for it to catch up with them and see what happens....
    Sorry mate you have that wrong. Reduction in exports by the chamber of commerce is 68% but people are saying it is due to Brexit without taking into account the effect Covid has had

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    It's poor form to make fun of people and businesses who are going through a tough time, but when it comes to fishermen they deserve absolutely everything they get.
    It was often mentioned how much noise was made from an industry that was so small, they shouted the loudest and they got what they wanted.

Far too late to be crying about it now, more fool them for making such a drastic choice without bothering to think of the consequences.
    Might even be some nice little coastal properties become available, as the work dries up and they're forced to move elsewhere.
    I agree.

Didn’t Piman work for Vauxhall?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Sorry mate you have that wrong. Reduction in exports by the chamber of commerce is 68% but people are saying it is due to Brexit without taking into account the effect Covid has had
    I literally said this is reported by the ONS, and if you read the ONS release about it you'll see they have factored in COVID.

I haven't worked for Vauxhall for more than 3 years, but if you're getting at the previous PSA takeover then yes, I was there for that.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    And still after lying to us and ****ing up Brexit, lying to us and ****ing up Covid response and generally hiding, breaking the law at will (nurses pay is the most recent), offloading loads of taxpayer money to their mates, avoiding questions and lying some more I hear that the Tories are looking strong for the Local Elections mainly due to the vaccine rollout that they arent actually really responsible for anyway.

Im genuinely this close to giving up, closing my ears to anything political and probably living a much happier life.
    We have easily the worst government of my lifetime that are weekly U turning, breaking the law or being proven as liars and still the populous will vote for them. Its like stealing a kids bike, setting fire to his gerbil and giving his nan an RKO but him forgiving you because you gave him a Smartie, WTAF?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    And still after lying to us and ****ing up Brexit, lying to us and ****ing up Covid response and generally hiding, breaking the law at will (nurses pay is the most recent), offloading loads of taxpayer money to their mates, avoiding questions and lying some more I hear that the Tories are looking strong for the Local Elections mainly due to the vaccine rollout that they arent actually really responsible for anyway.

Im genuinely this close to giving up, closing my ears to anything political and probably living a much happier life.
    We have easily the worst government of my lifetime that are weekly U turning, breaking the law or being proven as liars and still the populous will vote for them. Its like stealing a kids bike, setting fire to his gerbil and giving his nan an RKO but him forgiving you because you gave him a Smartie, WTAF?
    Labour know what they have to do, but they won't. They've abandoned the working class; not only abandoned but actively mocked and insulted them. We have no credible opposition party at the moment.

Rides
    The situation is just unbelievable. I don't understand how so much has been reported, so much corruption, so much incompetence, so much post Brexit data showing how bad it's been etc. And yet the polls still appear to show a Tory lead almost everywhere.

You and me both. Last night I had to dump all the pages I regarding the news, politics and Brexit, as well as the activist pages. Because I realised that the situation is breaking me. A not insignificant number of my friends have unfollowed me on Facebook because I am always trying to educate the uneducated so I've had to take a step back and stop.
    Last edited by piman2k; 16-03-2021 at 10:51.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    You and me both. Last night I had to dump all the pages I regarding the news, politics and Brexit, as well as the activist pages. Because I realised that the situation is breaking me. A not insignificant number of my friends have unfollowed me on Facebook because I am always trying to educate the uneducated so I've had to take a step back and stop.
    I think it's a sensible move, it's a never ending effort else, and like you say you'll make yourself Ill.

I quickly stopped commenting in 2016 after the initial vote, as I could see it was going to get me nowhere. The downside is I'm now one of the millions of 'silenced' people, who feel they can't really give an opinion anymore.

As a slight fella who wouldn't know how to form a fist yet alone use it, I have an opinion or two on the current tirade against 'men'. But can I share it without upsetting a bunch of people? Can I hell. Do they care that instead upsets me? Do they hell.

Rides
    Well, I will say that reading yours and Doc's post have made me feel significantly less alone on these matters than I have previously felt.

This topic and the occasional news website will be the extent of my involvement. I won't even get started on the current news topic of men, because I suspect I share your opinion.

Rides
    Labour could do with a good kicking in local elections to be honest, the hold quite a number of councils that have just gotten stale, they need a shake up.

Hopefully that will be the final wakeup call, that the public have zero interest in the extreme left wing nonsense the party has indulged itself in recently.

Rides

Yeah I'm with you there. But nurses have had a 4% payriss. Not enough

Rides
    Well, we are now being taken to court over our breaching of the Northern Ireland protocol.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56381046

Brendon Lewis, the pro-Brexit NI secretary and a hopeless MP, said to us when this deal was signed that this was the solution to all the NI/EU problems. Now he is saying that they NEED to break the protocol to ensure that there are no food shortages in NI.

So to be clear, according to the Government we had a deal, a great deal, an amazing deal. But now we need to break the law so that the population of Northern Ireland don't suffer even more food shortages.

Righto.

I remind you that this is also the same minister that claims NI now has a "significant advantage" over the rest of the UK because of Brexit, because it's able to "seamlessly" trade with the whole of the EU and the rest of the UK. You know, like we all could before 2021 began. Watch this video at 43:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2fgJ1dDixk

Rides
    And they are also blaming Brexit for a drop in exports to the EU.

Nothing to do with pandemic is it?

One minute the EU are demanding they get the Oxford vaccine, next they are saying it causes blood clots

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Labour know what they have to do, but they won't. They've abandoned the working class; not only abandoned but actively mocked and insulted them. We have no credible opposition party at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Labour could do with a good kicking in local elections to be honest, the hold quite a number of councils that have just gotten stale, they need a shake up.

Hopefully that will be the final wakeup call, that the public have zero interest in the extreme left wing nonsense the party has indulged itself in recently.
    Comes to something when Mandy agrees with us, doesn't it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56461679

Many on Labour's Left are concerned that the party will try to move away from some of the radical policies which were adopted under Jeremy Corbyn
    Cos it's just gone soooooo well for them

But hey, racism and sexism grifters gotta grift, right?

Rides
    Business "Investment Hubs". The latest money spending initiative. Let's build what are effectively 4 call centres in politically motivated locations and pass them off as investment hubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56490615

I.e. they are offices full of people who know import/export rules, designed to help people who export now export more, or who don't export at all to export. Targetting Indo-Pacific region, about 10,000 miles away.

All while we have a 40% reduction of exports with 400 million people 18 miles away.