Thread: ca18 problems

Rides

ca18 problems

hi all hope you have had a good xmas.

I have been having problems with my ca18det, misfiring while cold/cool not to bad when hot as in driven for around 10 miles. I do get some blowby with heavy drivingwhere the dipstick pops out .

I have tested all coil packs, injectors, dropping resistor which came back all within the specs in the manual, replaced spark plugs etc
    done a dry compression test results where 150 ish across all 4. then i done a wet test results where 175 ish across all 4 .
    I do suspect oil rings have gone

any ideas would be much appreciated

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by modfather View Post
    hi all hope you have had a good xmas.

I have been having problems with my ca18det, misfiring while cold/cool not to bad when hot as in driven for around 10 miles. I do get some blowby with heavy drivingwhere the dipstick pops out .

I have tested all coil packs, injectors, dropping resistor which came back all within the specs in the manual, replaced spark plugs etc
    done a dry compression test results where 150 ish across all 4. then i done a wet test results where 175 ish across all 4 .
    I do suspect oil rings have gone

any ideas would be much appreciated
    Have you replaced the coilpacks (and not just tested them)?

Have you had the injectors flow tested?

Is your ignition timing set to 15deg? Is the exhaust cam locating pin & splines for the CAS good?

What is your breather setup? For the dipstick to pop out, you must be doing something majorly wrong, especially with compression numbers being that good!

Doesn’t sound like anything to do with the rings to me if i’m honest. You’d have blowby with low compression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post
    Have you replaced the coilpacks (and not just tested them)?

Have you had the injectors flow tested?

Is your ignition timing set to 15deg? Is the exhaust cam locating pin & splines for the CAS good?

What is your breather setup? For the dipstick to pop out, you must be doing something majorly wrong, especially with compression numbers being that good!

Doesn’t sound like anything to do with the rings to me if i’m honest. You’d have blowby with low compression

i have surefire coilpacks only tested them not replaced as the readings where ok.
    i am quite sure the timing as at 15deg
    not had the injectors flow tested. cas i believe is ok (looked good when hg was done a last year and ran ok after)
    all standard breather setup

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by modfather View Post
    i have surefire coilpacks only tested them not replaced as the readings where ok.
    i am quite sure the timing as at 15deg
    not had the injectors flow tested. cas i believe is ok (looked good when hg was done a last year and ran ok after)
    all standard breather setup
    Try some oem coilpacks
    Double check the timing & double check cas while your at it, since your not sure

Check the pipes and valve covers (inside the baffles), chances are their really gunked up hence dipstick popping

Last ditch effort is checking the injectors

Rides
    Check/clean breather hardline between block and inlet cam cover.

Common issue that can result in dipstick popping out and will cause bearing wear

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    great thanks guys i will get on to it as soon as i can life is quite busy.